Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KyleH12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i am new to ram... i have a 16 crew cab 4x4 and would like to lower it. i have read through every one of the pages of this thread and it seems like the more i have read the more confused i have gotten. previous to my ram i had a mustang gt and a jeep before that. one went up (jeep) and the other went down (mustang). i have never lowered a 4x4 before and would like a little help. i am wanting a 2/4 lowering kit but i am not sure what i need. i don't want camber issues and i want decent ride quality. can someone please help me a little?
2nd for the belltech 2/4. Part number is 965sp for the 4x4 kit. Here's my 2017 4x4ce645909f3197f1c07e0a2c54d0b7cbd.jpg46d03ccc5e96da6fa74a99c8e6b6f26f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Buzz998

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Crew Cab
Engine
did you all have any issues with alignment after the belltech kit? because i wasn't sure if drop spindles in front would be better than springs or vice-versa. i am trying to do this the best way possible without buying things that are not needed and also do it correctly without spending a ton of money.

when i do things try to research as much as possible and make informed decisions and sometimes i drive myself crazy trying to do so...

also...any idea if there are any issues with running the factory 20s and factory size tires when using any of the lowering kits that are available?

KyleH12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
did you all have any issues with alignment after the belltech kit? because i wasn't sure if drop spindles in front would be better than springs or vice-versa. i am trying to do this the best way possible without buying things that are not needed and also do it correctly without spending a ton of money.

when i do things try to research as much as possible and make informed decisions and sometimes i drive myself crazy trying to do so...

also...any idea if there are any issues with running the factory 20s and factory size tires when using any of the lowering kits that are available?
I wouldn't think there would be any issues with stock wheels/tires, but I can't speak from experience. I haven't had any alignment issues on mine. Got it done about 3 months ago.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DoubleJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Anytime you change geometry on your truck you will need an alignment. Depending on how far your local shop is, you can install the kit in your garage and drive it to get aligned. After the alignment, you shouldn’t have any problems. At least I haven’t.

I’m still driving factory 20s and original tires on mine. No problems:
390cd40e80f77493abf34c46fd475bfa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not bad really. Except the getting the top hat off the front. 5k miles on the truck and both nuts rusted on.

I had one like that. Took about 3 extra hours, ended up grinding it down with an angle grinder.

ray wong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
jay:
nitto grapplers, 275/60/20s, they come with the truck when i bought it.

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for advice. getting ready to lower my 2014 4x4 Laramie CCSB.

I tow often enough to be concerned so I’ve decided to go in a bit of a less traditional route by buying the front 2” drop coils from belltech. https://www.belltech.com/product
s/belltech/lowering/belltech-09-18-ram-1500-quad-crew-cab-4wd-2-front-drop-4769.html

and getting the rear coil replacement bags (4” drop) from timber grove.
https://timbergroveenterprises.com/shop/09-20-ram-1500-4-low-stainless-rear-crm-sq8419421

My question is, if I do this setup, what additional components would I need?
Control arms, end links, ETC...

DoubleJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
never really see much mention of the Ground Force 9984 kit.Also noticed price seems kinda high for 4 springs and a pair of shocks.Anybody know if this kit rides better than Belltech?With the install of my sport hood thinking she looks a little nose high with just my 2" rear lowering springs so maybe the 2/3 drop would be better

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
never really see much mention of the Ground Force 9984 kit.Also noticed price seems kinda high for 4 springs and a pair of shocks.Anybody know if this kit rides better than Belltech?With the install of my sport hood thinking she looks a little nose high with just my 2" rear lowering springs so maybe the 2/3 drop would be better

I have no experience with BT kit but have had the GF kit in my truck for 100,000 km with zero issues. It was a bit more money but felt the progressive coils were a better feature. I tow with mine lots too. Have changed out the shocks but that's really just a maintenance thing...