Stripped intake manifold holes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonD29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long story short, 2 of my bolt holes to attach the throttle body are stripped (top and bottom passenger side) and i am wondering how to fix it. I tried a helicoil kn the bottom, but as i thread the bolt, by the time it gets snug the helicoil un attaches itself from the manifold.

Would something like high heat JB weld work? If so, is it something that i could still take the bolts out of at a later date? ( ie to clean the throttle body)

2005 ram 1500

OP
OP
B

BrandonD29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long story short, 2 of my bolt holes to attach the throttle body are stripped (top and bottom passenger side) and i am wondering how to fix it. I tried a helicoil kn the bottom, but as i thread the bolt, by the time it gets snug the helicoil un attaches itself from the manifold.

Would something like high heat JB weld work? If so, is it something that i could still take the bolts out of at a later date? ( ie to clean the throttle body)

The bottom is currently held on by a longer bolt with a nut right behind the TB, but looking for a better solution

2005 ram 1500

OP
OP
B

BrandonD29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The bottom is currently held on by a longer bolt with a nut right behind the TB, but looking for a better solution

2005 ram 1500

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
This must be really kicking your ass. Posting multiple times doesn't help much. I haven't fooled with the composite manifold for along while. But stripped holes can be a challenge. I'm surprised the helicoil didn't work better. I would use a coarser thread fastener and try the helicoil again. JB weld stands a good chance of fixing it. Making some threaded brass bosses threaded and epoxied in would be cool. Using studs would be strong. You are only limited by your imagination...

OP
OP
B

BrandonD29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya sorry, i only meant to post once but it went crazy haha.

What would be the best thing to start with? Coarser threads with helicoil, and if that fails, jb weld and tap it?

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Post some pictures and let us give you options please.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Probably epoxy studs in would be the easiest.. but any of the methods you mention should work..