Sub ON my backseat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilrobbai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thinking of putting a big box with 2 twelves ported . I've heard under the seats they just don't hit as hard. Will this be ok? Sound wise? I'm gonna put an amp in for my door speakers to. I want it super loud

OP
OP
W

Wilrobbai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also don't use my backseat so no space lost for me

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Only prob with this is if its just a normal box it looks tacky and also can be stolen easy

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks fine

I had 2 15" subs with a box that took the whole backseat as long as Ur not using your seats its fine I've also had some under the seat it seems to muffle the sound and didn't get a great sound unless u flipped up the seats

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Doing one L710" behind my seat, but RC.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
My buddy had a single twelve on his backseat of his third gen till he put it in his boat
If you don't use it it's not a big deal

JStrag3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a good idea to have something that big being able to move up to you, should yoh need to stop short; etc. I would remove one side of the seats. Make a platform out of mdf or plywood, carpet it, and mount the box to that. You can have a nice, loud system with one 12" in a ported box. Check out SSA DCon's or Sundown SA's, great reviews on audio forums.

ACW141

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i had two twelves in a ported box just like how you want to set it up, got sick of then sitting up there and sprung for a ported Fox Box for under my seat and improved the bass by a lot and also looks so much cleaner and under the radar.