Suprised Buddy with G8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had some fun in my 2014 Hemi.

I have a tune, TB, intake. And other little stuff that doesn't matter for this story.

Any how. One of my good buddies has a 2009 G8 Gt. He has an intake and catback.

We finally left work one day at the same time. It was very late. So air was cool. Which I have noticed when tuned these Hemi's LOVE cold air.

So first race. I held him off untill 90, second race 75 and 3rd race 70.

Every race I would kill him from the launch. With this updated tune from Hemi Fever I can launch this thing like a beast. I did this in 2wd and traction control off. Which I have to be careful if I launch too hard she spins all of 1st or hops like crazy.

My buddy was VERY impressed. As these G8s run low 13 stock. Even once he past me he would only get me by 3 or so cars by the time we shut down at 110.

He says he's getting a tune now. Which on the G8 is huge, with their trans. So the fun will be short lived lol.

I didn't buy this truck to race or even to be fast. But nice that it turned out to pretty quick.

What else is easy to do and to make this a fun truck? I was thinking electric fan. What about headers and full exhaust? Do these trucks respond well to headers and exhaust? And can I do that and keep as quite as stock? I hate loud stuff for daily. I have 800 HP Mustang that is all the loud I need.

I have REALLY been thinking about the Edelbrock supercharger. Anyone see a newer ram with one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Had some fun in my 2014 Hemi.

I have a tune, TB, intake. And other little stuff that doesn't matter for this story.

Any how. One of my good buddies has a 2009 G8 Gt. He has an intake and catback.

We finally left work one day at the same time. It was very late. So air was cool. Which I have noticed when tuned these Hemi's LOVE cold air.

So first race. I held him off untill 90, second race 75 and 3rd race 70.

Every race I would kill him from the launch. With this updated tune from Hemi Fever I can launch this thing like a beast. I did this in 2wd and traction control off. Which I have to be careful if I launch too hard she spins all of 1st or hops like crazy.

My buddy was VERY impressed. As these G8s run low 13 stock. Even once he past me he would only get me by 3 or so cars by the time we shut down at 110.

He says he's getting a tune now. Which on the G8 is huge, with their trans. So the fun will be short lived lol.

I didn't buy this truck to race or even to be fast. But nice that it turned out to pretty quick.

What else is easy to do and to make this a fun truck? I was thinking electric fan. What about headers and full exhaust? Do these trucks respond well to headers and exhaust? And can I do that and keep as quite as stock? I hate loud stuff for daily. I have 800 HP Mustang that is all the loud I need.

I have REALLY been thinking about the Edelbrock supercharger. Anyone see a newer ram with one?

Now we're Talking!:naughty:

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice write up! I have always loved those G8's, still do. And now Chevy has brought them back as the SS, but with the G8 GXP motor 415hp, very mean.
Just be careful not to dust your factory warranty with that supercharger... unless of coarse you don't mind that. :) would make a beast of a daily driver.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Nice run

G8s are dawgs from the factory. The stock tranny tunning is horrible.

And they don't run low 13s stock. High 13s on a good day. A good bit just rune low 14s. Remember they have a L76 but they are heavy ass cars.

Like I said stock tunning blows and yeah with a tune he should be in the low 13s then.

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Never liked the G8's. I did however like the last model Grand Prix gxp's. My mother owned one for 3 years and I drove it probably a half dozen times. torque steer was a ***** but they were ckmfortable and a sharp looking car. I'd still buy one as my work car to keep the miles off my ecodiesel, but they're few and far between and usually beat up. Also go through brakes and tires frequently.

OP
OP

2014Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice run

G8s are dawgs from the factory. The stock tranny tunning is horrible.

And they don't run low 13s stock. High 13s on a good day. A good bit just rune low 14s. Remember they have a L76 but they are heavy ass cars.

Like I said stock tunning blows and yeah with a tune he should be in the low 13s then.

You right it's the GXP is what I was thinking that goes 13.2 stock. I have seen plenty GTs go mid 13 stock. But I have seen them go 14, also.

Yea anything with the GM 6 speed auto had crappy tuning. Even my Vette did. They did get better right before C7.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
You've got a 14 with a 6 or 8 speed? If it's a 6 your right at the point of tranny failure. If you add any more ponys you could damage the stock trans.
I don't know much about the new 8 speeds, but I learned the hard way about the 6 speeds.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
^ he makes a good point about the 6spd transmissions. they are just about maxxed out from the factory, but can handle some minor bolt ons. Not sure on the 8spd as well, but headers are a nice improvement to the motor.

OP
OP

2014Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 8 speed.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wife and I were coming home today from the same place. Decided to play a little. Truck (with 35" tires) can run with her IS350. We are about the same until 90mph then I start to pull her pretty well :D Of course, I needed to put some mods on it to get there lol.