Suspension questions for mega cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mfisch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello!

I have a 2008 ram 1500 megacab that I just picked up last month. I'm trying to figure out how to improve my ride but having a hard time telling if the current suspension is completely stock or not. I am attaching 3 pictures. One of what the front looks like, and 2 of the back. I'm leaning towards bilstein 5100's but just want to confirm that it'll be a straight bolt in and won't be caught off guard with anything unexpected. Also, with the megacabs I can order the same suspension that would be on a 2500 and it'll match, correct? Not sure if the blocks on the rear suspension are stock or not.

Sorry for all of the questions, with a 'unique' model it can be hard to find accurate information online. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• image0 (23).jpeg
    image0 (23).jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image2 (11).jpeg
    image2 (11).jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image4 (4).jpeg
    image4 (4).jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
M

Mfisch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just crawled around and realized those are just air bags, thought they were rubber blocks. Still looking for info on which bilstein 5100's I need. Thank you!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks like you do, other than the bags. Keep in mind though you may have a "1500" (MegaCab gas engine), it sits on a 2500 frame and chassis (axles, springs, 8 lug wheels, etc).