swap dash panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slowly i managed to swap most of my interior from express to laramie. now im looking for top dash panel. my current one is plastic and one from laramie or sport would really set it off. the stiches etc :).

does anyone know the part #? i've been searching but nothing yet. i attached a pic for reference.

thanks in advance

dash.png

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
slowly i managed to swap most of my interior from express to laramie. now im looking for top dash panel. my current one is plastic and one from laramie or sport would really set it off. the stiches etc :).

does anyone know the part #? i've been searching but nothing yet. i attached a pic for reference.

thanks in advance

View attachment 172161

That piece is one whole unit. You essentially have to take everything off and it's basically the whole under part and all your interior relating to your dash mounts to it

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I was looking into this also but now I'm thinking too much work for little reward,maybe upgrade speakers in dash at same time also while this far and if possible put some sound damping there also.

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Also can you snap a pic of the part number?

Part# 5MY12LT5AA for the dark charcoal leather In color, according to my dealer. Cost on it is around $575 new.

I am going to attempt to change it, assuming it will take a full day maybe more

OP
OP
Jerzey111

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Godspeed. In all seriousness how is the top attached ? Glue? I found this pic but can't see anything.

4de85213b33418e3fb6de6a537cebb04.JPG

Adventure1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s honestly not that hard at all, I’ve done it twice...best thing to do is to pick up the dash you want at a junk yard (Sport, Laramie, etc for the stitching). This way you don’t have to swap out the wiring, air ducts, etc. From there it’s just unscrewing the 3 bolts on each side, 2 on top, a few once you get the steering column out of the way, then the connections to the wiring on the dash.
The dash then just comes out with a simple lift and pull..best done by 2 people. At worst, should take 1/2 day for someone who is somewhat mechanically inclined.

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
It’s honestly not that hard at all, I’ve done it twice...best thing to do is to pick up the dash you want at a junk yard (Sport, Laramie, etc for the stitching). This way you don’t have to swap out the wiring, air ducts, etc. From there it’s just unscrewing the 3 bolts on each side, 2 on top, a few once you get the steering column out of the way, then the connections to the wiring on the dash.
The dash then just comes out with a simple lift and pull..best done by 2 people. At worst, should take 1/2 day for someone who is somewhat mechanically inclined.

Well you make it sound easy

fastbike02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
its not that bad, it looks harder than it is! but i second getting a junk yard dash, it would be a pain to have to move harnesses and ducts over! definitely need a second person to help set he old dash out and the new one in

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wow your making me really want to swap my grey express dash for a leather one now lol anyone have photos of it out? I found a video but they dont remove it completely

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Wow your making me really want to swap my grey express dash for a leather one now lol anyone have photos of it out? I found a video but they dont remove it completely

Ordered my dash today from the dealer. I will take some when I do it. Might be a couple weeks though

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

how difficult was it to remove the steering wheel? any special tools i need?
Thank you

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a dash swap took about 2 hours for everything. I lifted it by myself, I'd I had help or would have been quicker

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you have to refine the steering wheel?
I think you mean realign, but I did mark it and the column so I put it back right, and made sure not to turn it. I can't remember but I think is keyed to