Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You might be right, but we'll never know for sure till someone pulls their filter.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

John-e-racer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I own an expensive Italian motorcycle and must use their oil made from virgins tears and truffle oil. This is an American working truck and as such needs simple good old ‘Murican oil in any weight. No stinking lab analysis or forum recommendations! I ran valvoline because it’s on sale and go towing. Use 5-20, 5-30, 10-30 it don’t matter just don’t baby and spoil your truck so it votes Democrat!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I own an expensive Italian motorcycle and must use their oil made from virgins tears and truffle oil. This is an American working truck and as such needs simple good old ‘Murican oil in any weight. No stinking lab analysis or forum recommendations! I ran valvoline because it’s on sale and go towing. Use 5-20, 5-30, 10-30 it don’t matter just don’t baby and spoil your truck so it votes Democrat!

Yup, good ol American Redline.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Damn caught a ping, I bet the last load costco gas didn't hit 87 octane. I will see if s1 will take it away, an entire bottle going in, but I kinda doubt it. I bet I will have to wait a tank and use 89 next time. I've used 87 about 1/2 the time, never pinged. Must be a bad batch...

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I ran Agip 4t 20W50 in all my Ducs. Ester based, and worth it. They later kicked Agip to the curb and specd a Shell product that was not even sold in the US. I tried Spectro once and was not happy.

John-e-racer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ran Agip 4t 20W50 in all my Ducs. Ester based, and worth it. They later kicked Agip to the curb and specd a Shell product that was not even sold in the US. I tried Spectro once and was not happy.

I agree, Agip is what I use but the price at the dealer is insane!! I buy online now. I also used motul for a long time and that was a good oil.

John-e-racer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Not to hijack the thread but amsoil makes a motorcycle twin specific oil that is Ducati approved in 20-50. I used that in the multistrada and agip or motul in Aprila. Now back to ram discussion.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
We are informal here, this is more of an oil cooler thread, catch all for lubrication with an ounce of chat from time to time. You are more the welcome to inform is about Amsoil here, it is a popular oil for many of us.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my pc Amsoil catalog in the mail today. Found it interesting it says extending drain interval beyond manufactures recommendation will not void you're warranty. It says they have to prove that the oil or length of service actually caused the failure. Sounds good, but I wouldn't try it.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Who doesn't like hearing about oil f
I just got my pc Amsoil catalog in the mail today. Found it interesting it says extending drain interval beyond manufactures recommendation will not void you're warranty. It says they have to prove that the oil or length of service actually caused the failure. Sounds good, but I wouldn't try it.

Is amsoil going to pay the legal fees ?

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If memory serves me right, which is questionable at times, they used to advertise if you were under warranty not to exceed recommended drain intervals.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
With ethanol mandates and the way they are building engines to practically need heavy detergentcy, I wouldn't be going over 10k miles on any oil. Can you imagine going 25k constantly with di turbo? Where a single bit of contamination can cause lspi. Just one man's opinion.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With ethanol mandates and the way they are building engines to practically need heavy detergentcy, I wouldn't be going over 10k miles on any oil. Can you imagine going 25k constantly with di turbo? Where a single bit of contamination can cause lspi. Just one man's opinion.
That's just it, there's all kinds of warnings about extending drain intervals on flex fuel vehicles because the ethanol fouls the oil. On regular pump gas they claim no more than 10% ethanol, but I would be skeptical of that on a regular basis. Maybe 10% + or - a bit.