Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I wanted to run the Redline 75W110 in the rear diff of the Jeep but could not find it in Calgary.

Mopac did not have it if you are going there.

I ended up mixing the 75W90 and the 75W140 to get what I wanted.

Grizzstang Parts Source on 16th shows it in their system,they're supposed to phone me back with an eta on how long for them to get it.Just to make sure they looked into it seriously I told them I wanted 6 bottles,but it's not cheap at just over 21 bucks a litre,ouch,lol

Edit just seen your post after I posted this,lol.I'm going to take the 6 bottles anyways if they can get it,so if you do ever need some,track me down,lol

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I just passed 15k on the truck.

And 45k on the Durango.

When did you guys do the diffs?

The Durango has the 8HP70 so not sure if I want to conquer that myself just yet, I probably will, LoL.

Have not even looked at the front diff on the Durango to figure out how to swap it’s fluid, it’s probably time.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

I did my rear diff around 25k and have not done the front yet but plan on it before summer as well as the T case.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

And 45k on the Durango.

The Durango has the 8HP70 so not sure if I want to conquer that myself just yet, I probably will, LoL.

Have not even looked at the front diff on the Durango to figure out how to swap it’s fluid, it’s probably time.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

I let the Jeep slide until 60K and the front was decent but the rear was pretty black. I had read somewhere the rear diffs in the Jeep Wranglers were hard on the 80W90 that comes stock and the owners manual says for trailer towing 75W140 is OK. I don't tow with it so I figured 75W110 was the one to try. I won't let the rear go 60K again I don't think. I did the rear in my truck really early just so I could put the Redline 75W140 in it for towing.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

And 45k on the Durango.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

I did diffs and t-case at 10k to get any break-in crap out. My rear's always look crap at the 1st 10k, my T-case looked crap on the 1500, and the front was pretty clean. Could've let the front go, but I was already under the truck. I usually do like 40 to 50k depending on if I've played in any water/deeper mud or how much heavier usage its seen there on after.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

And 45k on the Durango.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

You tow often with that truck but the miles take time for you too rack up i think....? I do around 20,000 for my diffs with redline or Amsoil.

Amsoil has the cool pouches now.

I did dump the FF out around 10,000.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Last edited:

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Done with my 2nd MMO engine flush, instead of swapping in 5W-20 PUP i’m gonna go with 5W-30.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score

And 45k on the Durango.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40
36K miles on the previously mentioned Challenger and mostly because I bought it used and don't know where its been.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Just found out the “transmission whine” i thought my truck had was coming from the engine, after being bored yesterday and slightly revving it at park only to have the same noise that it makes in drive. Time to check the pulleys. (wish me luck, lol)

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just found out the “transmission whine” i thought my truck had was coming from the engine, after being bored yesterday and slightly revving it at park only to have the same noise that it makes in drive. Time to check the pulleys. (wish me luck, lol)

A wine noise form the engine that relates to RPM..... like possibly a pump wine?

Or is it more a belt squeal ?

Or a bearing squeak?

Turn the wheel kinda fast when your revving it and see if it changes your wine noise. Or wait..... 1/2 tons have electric steering .....scratch that

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

And 45k on the Durango.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40
I changed the fluid in rear diff of my truck for the first time around 10k, then again around 25k, then again when I got back from towing the camper across the country at 47k. I have no idea what came out of it for metal the first time because there was no magnet inside. At 25k I put the MH cover on and at 47k it had some metal on the magnet but nothing crazy. I used RL at 10k, SG at 25k, and RL again at 47. Truck currently has 63k on it now and the small magnet on the dipstick of the MH cover has very little metal on it and that's with a trip to FL and back with the camper. Might change it again at 65 or 70k.

For you, I personally I would change it in both vehicles. But keep in mind I'm ocd about this stuff[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I changed the fluid in rear diff of my truck for the first time around 10k, then again around 25k, then again when I got back from towing the camper across the country at 47k. I have no idea what came out of it for metal the first time because there was no magnet inside. At 25k I put the MH cover on and at 47k it had some metal on the magnet but nothing crazy. I used RL at 10k, SG at 25k, and RL again at 47. Truck currently has 63k on it now and the small magnet on the dipstick of the MH cover has very little metal on it and that's with a trip to FL and back with the camper. Might change it again at 65 or 70k.

For you, I personally I would change it in both vehicles. But keep in mind I'm ocd about this stuff[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Want your BW44-44 to fully lock? Contact @Brandon-w for a locking switch

I dont want to start a argument here and i think Amsoil and Redline make THE best gear oil available.

But i have to ask Corey, did you notice a difference between the 2? Do you have a preference?

Im considering Amsoil all the time for gear oil.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
What is the timing for GF-6 products?
The date of first license is May 1, 2020 and industry-wide implementation will take place over the following 12 months.

The writing is on that wall fellas, if you use a group 3 otc oil and you like, I would absolutely buy the hell out of it. The thing that held this up was timing chain wear, as in they simply couldn't take all the stuff out of oil and still have acceptable wear on the timing chain. I don't know what this formula will look like, only that it is resource conserving low hths formulas. Similar to when the latest diesel oil spec dropped, how many diesel owners wish they stocked up on the older formula? The good news is oil is dirt cheap right now, so but twenty jugs or more of your favorite oi. I wonder if supply issues have been because this is dropping and companies were just waiting for the ok. Well, they just got the ok, next month gf-6 law of the land. I will verify.

For those of you who don't buy up, and the new oils suck, maybe look at super class 0w40's, those still should be in tact.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I would NOT go drinking the koolaid of this chart. If you look at the areas of "improvement" ask yourself, what did they do to get those areas? The answer is add smoke and mirrors, remember everything you add to a base oil takes the lubrication away from that base oil that lubricates incredibly stable for a long period of time. That is gf-6, they added a bunch of stuff, why to protect better?

Look at the wear section, no improvement and a to be determined. They move the perimeters of tests to match a goal. gf-6 was not made to be beneficial to hemi engines. If you are stuck using gf-6 in a hemi, I'd shorten up that oci to 3k miles and maybe go up in weight at least to 5w30. These are low hths oils, that doesn't mean they aren't stable hths, it is easy to be stable hths when you start lower, lol.

ID2_API_Spider_500x301.jpg

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
A wine noise form the engine that relates to RPM..... like possibly a pump wine?

Or is it more a belt squeal ?

Or a bearing squeak?

Turn the wheel kinda fast when your revving it and see if it changes your wine noise. Or wait..... 1/2 tons have electric steering .....scratch that

Sounds like it could be a bearing, it’s a high pitched humming. Or possibly, a pump whine.

Edit: It sounds like a supercharger.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I just opened my oil cap and the oil pressure in the head was so strong i couldn’t keep the cap off for any amount of time as the oil was spraying out of it. I don’t think this truck has any issues with OP.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I just opened my oil cap and the oil pressure in the head was so strong i couldn’t keep the cap off for any amount of time as the oil was spraying out of it. I don’t think this truck has any issues with OP.

Thats not to good, when was theclast time you changed the pvc

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
@AFMoulton,

Knowing you have the same set up as I do as far as trucks go have you change your power steering fluid yet?

Gravy work with a siphon ball pump or even a simple turkey baster. I just suck it out and do it one quart at a time. I do it once a year just suck out a quart full put in a new quart. it will mixes itself up. If you want to take it a step further drive your truck around for a while, maybe one gas tank full, and do another quart change.

Use your favorite transmission fluid for your truck.

The new tranny fluid will keep the system clean.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
@AFMoulton,

Knowing you have the same set up as I do as far as trucks go have you change your power steering fluid yet?

Gravy work with a siphon ball pump or even a simple turkey baster. I just suck it out and do it one quart at a time. I do it once a year just suck out a quart full put in a new quart. it will mixes itself up. If you want to take it a step further drive your truck around for a while, maybe one gas tank full, and do another quart change.

Use your favorite transmission fluid for your truck.

The new tranny fluid will keep the system clean.

I should try this on my 1500...lol :) :) :eek:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I should try this on my 1500...lol :) :) :eek:

Dose your HAVE a power steering pump? Not sure when but the 1/2 tons switched to electric