Votes: 404 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 162 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,003 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 665 23.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I feel like I missed the good part of the movie and now im left in the dark at the ending wondering wht just happened.
Go back about 2500 + post , that was the good part

Last edited:

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have hands free texting all voice by a thumb push of the VR ( Voice Recognition ) button I've installed on the steering wheel , and I can text anything via voice while driving ! No prescribed text crap and it works fantastically!

No Siri update required and all OEM products ! My truck is an EXPRESS , lots of guys think these upgrades require a higher trim level , but they don't ....

Siri eyes is an OEM update. You can get it from Uconnect. Couple other things included make it a nice add.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm very aware , the Siri firmware update has messed up some radios lately , been reading on it . I'm an android guy .

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm aware , the firmware update that includes Siri has jacked up some radios lately ....

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've read that. Seemed to be some install errors, some just wouldn't install period.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've read that. Seemed to be some install errors, some just wouldn't install period.
Some have nearly bricked their radio, one guy even had his radio.replaced by the dealer due to it running so slow post Siri update ?

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you send me a picture of lube guard ?
I've heard several mention it
0db2c58045a8128057730c6dd0e7d901.jpg

I agree. So, been thinking about Lubegard, 1 oz per quart (about half the dose). Sitting in my garage.

Descisions...
I've had a bottle in with the dealership fill for about 2.5 - 3 months. It may be a placebo, but I do feel like it's made a difference. My engine seems quieter and it does run very smooth at 56K+ now. Go for it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
0db2c58045a8128057730c6dd0e7d901.jpg

I've had a bottle in with the dealership fill for about 2.5 - 3 months. It may be a placebo, but I do feel like it's made a difference. My engine seems quieter and it does run very smooth at 56K+ now. Go for it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Did you put the entire bottle in?

raven3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi RCSB Express
Compared the cost of using QSUD vs Redline.
Redline is located in the Benicia Ca, the oil refinery district in northern CA
I have to pay sales tax + shipping for RL.
Dealer charges $21 to perform OC.
Filter cost $10
Redline life is 10k miles
Cost = $137 for 10k miles
according to UOA by Blackstone for RKL the oil is good for 10k & maximum OCI stated in Ram manual is also 10k miles.

My OCI for QSUD is 4K miles for the 5.7, based the Shell answer man using it in his 2.4 Honda on 5k OCI.
Normalizing the QSUD to 10k miles cost = $166 for 10k miles.

I use 20w50 redline in my Harley Davidson motorcycle because use a 2 year OCI with very low mileage.

So based on total cost for 10k miles of use, the Redline actually cost less than Shell synthetic compared to Redline engine oil.
Still prefer using Shell products because I like the smell of used oil!

Last edited:

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Compared the cost of using QSUD vs Redline.
Redline is located in the Benicia Ca, the oil refinery district in northern CA
I have to pay sales tax + shipping for RL.
Dealer charges $21 to perform OC.
Filter cost $10
Redline life is 10k miles
Cost = $137 for 10k miles
according to UOA by Blackstone for RKL the oil is good for 10k & maximum OCI stated in Ram manual is also 10k miles.

My OCI for QSUD is 4K miles for the 5.7, based the Shell answer man using it in his 2.4 Honda on 5k OCI.
Normalizing the QSUD to 10k miles cost = $166 for 10k miles.

I use 20w50 redline in my Harley Davidson motorcycle because use a 2 year OCI with very low mileage.

So based on total cost for 10k miles of use, the Redline actually cost less than Shell synthetic compared to Redline engine oil.
Still prefer using Shell products because I like the smell of used oil!

Your comparing red line to Quaker state?? Might as well throw in some walmart special supertech....

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No comparison of Redline to Quaker State would be complete without this....
Your shiny new Ram has a oil pump failure, or a bad rod bearing or a thousand other oil related issue that can happen even with great oil. Dealer asks for your OCI records and you whoop out those receipts and they take one look at the word Redline or Quaker State guess who is about to have a bad day? The Redline guy! You say BS it wont matter, no sir it does go find the topic that I posted 4 or 5 weeks ago about the guy whose warranty was denied because he could not prove he ran a oil that carried the required ratings by Chrysler, Redline has none of the required ratings for what ever reason they have no API or MS6395 so use of it in the Ram is grounds for warranty deniability. You scoff and say the Mag. act will protect me ! many thousands of dollars in lawyers fees later, much more than the cost of the repair your fate will be decided by a judge. So what about the guy using Quaker State.... He shows them his receipts and they pull his truck in the service center and replace his motor. So run what you want to, like every thing in life choices come with consequences.

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
No comparison of Redline to Quaker State would be complete without this....
Your shiny new Ram has a oil pump failure, or a bad rod bearing or a thousand other oil related issue that can happen even with great oil. Dealer asks for your OCI records and you whoop out those receipts and they take one look at the word Redline or Quaker State guess who is about to have a bad day? You say BS it wont matter, no sir it does go find the topic that I posted 4 or 5 weeks ago about the guy whose warranty was denied because he could not prove he ran a oil that carried the required ratings by Chrysler, Redline has none of the required ratings for what ever reason they have no API or MS6395 so use of it in the Ram is grounds for warranty deniability. You scoff and say the Mag. act will protect me ! many thousands of dollars in lawyers fees later, much more than the cost of the repair your fate will be decided by a judge. So what about the guy using Quaker State.... He shows them his receipts and they pull his truck in the service center and replace his motor. So run what you want to, like every thing in life choices come with consequences.

nailed it !!

:banana-mario::banana-mario:

BlueRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same with Amsoil SS oil. No official API SN or Chrysler MS6395 Certification. Would Amsoil SS pass the requirements? YES, I have no doubt it would.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same with Amsoil SS oil. No official API SN or Chrysler MS6395 Certification. Would Amsoil SS pass the requirements? YES, I have no doubt it would.
^^This. If you use any oil that doesn't have the API donut on the bottle you are risking warranty refusal

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I don't buy that argument either. If the dealer wanted, they could deny it for another reason even if you used the "correct" oil.
When did this thread become so judgemental? It use to be stated and encouraged to try oils to see what works for your application, now if you use a particular oil, you're borderline talked down to. Ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is very true. The dealer could deny warranty if you used a Mopar filter and Mopar oil bought at the dealer.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
This is very true. The dealer could deny warranty if you used a Mopar filter and Mopar oil bought at the dealer.

For this very reason-->is why it is very important to establish some type of relationship with your dealer. (Service MGR) Find out what they will allow and what action they will take.

I did this first thing as I was buying my Ram. Steve actually told me to switch to a 30wt at the 10k mile mark. He was the one who actually told me to add 3 Qts of SRT 0W-40 to my OCI. He guaranteed my warranty would never be denied. Every dealership will be different.

All I's are dotted All T's are crossed!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441