Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There is no better excusing giving thing then sports. Awe sorry honey I can't take you to the strip mall I have football, so sorry not to make it to the Chinese buffet and hear how you scored that deal on a handbag, but you know sports run deep, lol. Even all my bother in laws havent figured it out, so they get wrangled into the stupidest stuff.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
True story I absolutely **** you not! Two minutes ago my brother in law and his wife came and asked me and my wife to go to strip mall and to the local mexican restaurant, lol? Needless to say, I am home not even watching football because I don't get an early game here, but used it as an excuse, and my brother is with the two women, lol. No wonder he recently started smoking.

BIG_KAHUNA

Reaction score
I have been dying to tray this HPL plus oil super high molybdenum and whole additive package is great , im thinking about mixing 50/50 0w20 and 0w30 ....

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 17

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I have been dying to tray this HPL plus oil super high molybdenum and whole additive package is great , im thinking about mixing 50/50 0w20 and 0w30 ....
yeah if you are staying with hpl and want to mix it I can say ok to that, but with the 0w30 you wouldnt want to just roll with that? You see the wear in that uoa, not a hemi, but wear is nothing. That looks like a 20 weight, still 5tbn plus on a 10k miles or kilo's doesnt really matter still looks incredibly promising.

Just in general, that seams to be a perfect oi as far as additives. We still don't know how much pao and how the balance is for long tern seal health like we know with redline, but on paper that oil is leaving redline in the dust.

Eric Cartman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
What would you gain by mixing an oil with less and one with more VII?

What do you think Molybdenum does in motor oil?

How would even know the additive is great?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I tell you guys, for the first time since redline first killed my tick 2011ish, am I actually leaning towards another oill to see if it is just as good or better option. Even though I am still 100% satisfied with my redline results, that hpl just looks too good. thanks for posting @BIG_KAHUNA

Eric Cartman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I tell you guys, for the first time since redline first killed my tick 2011ish, am I actually leaning towards another oill to see if it is just as good or better option. Even though I am still 100% satisfied with my redline results, that hpl just looks too good. thanks for posting @BIG_KAHUNA
Red Line has reformulated their oils and the new formulations have been shipping for months now. They modernized their lineup, but not in a good way for the HEMI tick.

Red Line replaced POE with ANs. They're cheaper, provide good additive solvency, but aren't near as good as POE for the HEMI. ANs are non-polar, so there is no competition for surface like with POE. That's how Red Line gets away with cutting down ZDDP and Moly.

That's how Red Line also lowered NOACK, but their pour points as about as bad as Group III now because of the ANs.

Your reasoning is sound @Burla for looking for another alternative to Red Line. As they say, it ain't what it used to be.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Red Line has reformulated their oils and the new formulations have been shipping for months now. They modernized their lineup, but not in a good way for the HEMI tick.

Red Line replaced POE with ANs. They're cheaper, provide good additive solvency, but aren't near as good as POE for the HEMI. ANs are non-polar, so there is no competition for surface like with POE. That's how Red Line gets away with cutting down ZDDP and Moly.

That's how Red Line also lowered NOACK, but their pour points as about as bad as Group III now because of the ANs.

Your reasoning is sound @Burla for looking for another alternative to Red Line. As they say, it ain't what it used to be.
Why do you suspect that redline no longer uses POE in their motor oils?

BIG_KAHUNA

Reaction score

I have chat with people from HPL and this oil have AN and ester in it, also is GM dexos1 gen2 approved this alone make me comftroble trying this oil, I dont believe redline is dexos approved, I might be wrong.
this straight from HPL web
Meets or Exceeds:

API SP Resource Conserving (0W-16, 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)
dexos1TM Gen2 (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)
ILSAC GF-6A (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)
ILSAC GF-6B (0W-16)
Chrysler MS6395 (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)
Ford WSS-M2C945-B1 (5W-20)
Ford WSS-M2C946-B1 (5W-30)
Ford WSS-M2C947-B1 (0W-20)
I know my truck asking for dexos1 gen3 but gen2 and gen3 are almost the same

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Damn, that HPL looks great. Wear is nonexistent @ 10,000 mile OCI!

Why even bother with 0W-30? Unless you tow in summer heat, then switch to 5W-30.

Edit: just saw engine is a Subaru in a Ram thread lol. So yeah, 0W-30 winter 5W-30 summer for Hemi.
I have confidence in HPL.

BIG_KAHUNA

Reaction score
Damn, that HPL looks great. Wear is nonexistent @ 10,000 mile OCI!

Why even bother with 0W-30? Unless you tow in summer heat, then switch to 5W-30.

Edit: just saw engine is a Subaru in a Ram thread lol. So yeah, 0W-30 winter 5W-30 summer for Hemi.
I have confidence in HPL.
yeah the test was done on Subaru I just share the test to show the additive in that oil, ill be getting 0w20 for my gmc, 4 gallons enough for 2 oil changes, I will run the first one 3k and send a sample to see how she is doing if everything ok ill go 6k.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
0W-30 HPL Premium Plus Oil is $15.45 per quart, but don't forget Ram Forum Members get a site discount. I posted it earlier in this thread, maybe someone can make a sticky post with it?

BIG_KAHUNA

Reaction score
this is straight from their web
High Performance Lubricants’ Premium Plus passenger car engine oil is a multi-synthetic high performance motor oil made with the best choices of additive chemistry. When compared with our other PCMO product lines this series takes advantage of high quality PAO delivering superb pour points as well as an advanced VI Improver that has superior shear stability index. It is designed for equipment, environment, or service that is particularly harsh. Oils formulated with specifically chosen esters can help to minimize intake valve deposits, maintain clean engines and provide elastomer compatibility. The correct detergent selection combined with base stocks that have low volatility will combat low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) making it a perfect oil for gasoline direct injected (GDI) engines and small displacement turbocharged gasoline engines. HPL PCMO Premium Plus is also formulated with extra anti-wear and antioxidant additives to minimize wear while offering an extended oil life compared to other motor oils. Additionally, HPL PCMO Premium Plus contains premium viscosity index improvers (VII) to minimize shear, further extending the life of the oil. This technology has been proven on the race tracks around the nation. Our Bad Ass Racing oils have common additive strategy when compared to this PCMO Premium Plus formulation and have been extremely successful winning multiple championships in many forms of professional motor-sports. These oils are not something you will find on the shelf of a discount retailer. If you are a person looking for a product that will outperform traditional mineral and synthetic oils our products will be a perfect fit for you.

Meets or Exceeds:

• API SP Resource Conserving (0W-16, 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)
  • dexos1TM Gen2 (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)
  • ILSAC GF-6A (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)
  • ILSAC GF-6B (0W-16)
  • Chrysler MS6395 (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)
  • Ford WSS-M2C945-B1 (5W-20)
  • Ford WSS-M2C946-B1 (5W-30)
  • Ford WSS-M2C947-B1 (0W-20)

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I posted it earlier in this thread, maybe someone can make a sticky post with it? = SEARCH
ram forum members get a discount from hpl from their website? who hooked us up? seams like a wash with redline pricing, however I love that stat page for hpl 0w30. With the current pricing, I really wished the forum would have embraced some testing with mixes, such as 2-3 quarts known tick killer and the rest some random group 3 oil. Time for another poll and test?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted it earlier in this thread, maybe someone can make a sticky post with it? = SEARCH