Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yellow string

Put poles around the pen (if you have them in a pen) run bright colors string/rope above the pen all different directions.

Preditor bird will not bother them anymore because they are afraid to fly thu the ropes.

Me put a HUGE net above his and they went away. Like fishing line net.

We have a full caged run, and a possum dug under the buried fence and STiLL got in. But the goose beat the $hit out of it, and it ended up in a nesting box bleeding. All we had to do is go in and shoot it with a pistol. But geez.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
So you can tip a cow that is awake? We where gonna tips some sleeping Cows back in my youth, but we quickly noticed that the Cows where laying down and ruminate at night. Horses are the ones standing and sleeping right!??

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Am I lying, cows are part of the antelope family? Also in the same family goats and sheep.

Look at these horns... fake?

C6s1EH4VAAAs17h.jpg

Sluff Track

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking
Engine
?
Wow... I thought we had all the bases covered on this thread, now I am getting the finer points of cow tipping? What if I don't have more than $5.oo? Will they get mad?

I've got to ramble on, now...
Jim

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
So, back in senior high school me and some friends rented a large country home that was across the street from a small hobby farm that had cows who would free range in the field.

A bunch of us were a tad under the influences of a few things...lol and we thought it a good idea to try cow tipping...bad mistake indeed! I remember this event clearly as we very quickly sobered up in the wake of our stupidity.

We all thought that we could do one cow per person, and assumed they slept standing up, not quite the case.

I charged my target and tried a shoulder tackle type of maneuver midway on its body, the cow took the hit and reacted quickly with a charge of its own, and it was all I could do to run myself to the fence and scramble over it within an inch of being head-butted by this very angry cow.

My friend, well, he got grazed by his target as he thought he could charge its hind quarters. His cow bucked and nearly cleaved him with its hoof.

Needless to say, we never tried cow tipping after that, and believe it or not, the cows remembered us and would make it clear they did when we would be out in the neighborhood and passed their field.

Oh the good old days.... young, dumb, and full of... vinegar ;)

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
When we are young and some of us never get it, we think of cows as slow and docile. Those animals descend from large mammals that survived a predator heavy world, long before we were here. It is in their dna, you might be able to use a human brain to manipulate them, but you wont change that dna. At least 20 people die each year because they didnt respect that fact. Go tip a Takin, good luck with that.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Mike,

I showed your analysis to the Chemist, he wouldn’t expect there to be any tin, the test may be confusing moly for tin.

The lab sets their sample window for tin and may be including some moly as that isn’t typically expected in an oil.

Do you have the batch and date code?

Regards,

Dave Granquist

Is there a batch number canuckram?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I would run that past blackstone, my guess they wouldnt buy that. I think the only way this happens is if the base oils arrived in tin cars somewhere, maybe splashing around on a train and an old rail car?

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mike,

I showed your analysis to the Chemist, he wouldn’t expect there to be any tin, the test may be confusing moly for tin.

The lab sets their sample window for tin and may be including some moly as that isn’t typically expected in an oil.

Do you have the batch and date code?

Regards,

Dave Granquist

Is there a batch number canuckram?
That makes sense considering when HPL posts their own VOAs it shows 10 ppm aluminum which they say comes with high concentrations of moly

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
@Burla not sure if Dave at Redline wanted/needed this to help explain the tin but this is what’s on the quart bottle that the 0w-30 VOA came from. ThanksIMG_0965.png

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That makes sense considering when HPL posts their own VOAs it shows 10 ppm aluminum which they say comes with high concentrations of moly
but funny it never happened before, not even in most uoa's? it is what it is, so hpl say anything about those readings? thanks, good to know anyhow

I guess it is time to start asking the labs for an opinion.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
well, damn, lol Thanks, see what he can do with that.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
well, damn, lol Thanks, see what he can do with that.

I have a couple of quarts left of RL 5w/30 that I've purchased from Summit Racing last May and took a pic of both.

I found out that the numbers are much better represented if the camera is held at an angle, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_081032422.jpg
    IMG_20230711_081032422.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230711_081002271.jpg
    IMG_20230711_081002271.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 5

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
The pic of those two quarts of Red Line 5w/30 are part of the seven of what I'm currently using now. I saved these two "empty" so that I could make "funnels" out of them ...

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Run app a dozen chickens here plus a guard goose. Issues with hawks, foxes, possums, etc.
No guinea hens, them barnyard protectors drive U insane, lmao.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can always try running a small head of cattle. I hear cow tipping at night with a beer in your belly is quite the hoot!
Sometimes, cow tipping get U in a hurt, them bastids Kick sideways, lmao. Plus, the farmer, or land owner just might have a load of buckshot with your name on it.

ADDED: Years ago friend of mine was here for Xmas, had a few or more Millers. Bragged he was accomplished hossie rider. Well, he took a ride on wife's mare and kept yanking on reins. We both (wife and I) yelled at him easy, told him that hossie has a sensitive mouth, not like being yanked. Well he kept on it. That mare stopped, through out her left front leg and up and Over went a 6'3" man, at about 240 lbs doing an assisted aerial flip onto his back. He figured out his hoss skills were not all of that, lmao. After I made sure he was not hurt, ie., like broken bones, it was funny as chit.

This was like 2012, 2013. To this day he absolutely refuses to get back up on that mare, lol. She taught him a lesson. (Wife on her mare).

162352192_1472842297.jpg