T style steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Until60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Hi all, i am hoping for a little help. In an effort to change from Y steering to T steering, i bought tie rods and all linkage from Dodge off Road. The products seem very stout and much beefier than stock, for sure. Their service is un explainable. That’s a whole story in itself.
But what i want to do is align my front tires before i do toe. And because i have a dually, the whole string method won’t work. Yes, i know i should have taken off old tie rods from the knuckles with the truck on the ground, so i wouldn’t nt disturb the location of the wheels, but things got complicated and now i need to re align the front with the back first, before doing toe.
When eye balling it, it looks like the outside of front tires are pretty close to lining up with inside edge of back outside tire on dually, if that makes sense.
I am afraid to take it to a shop, unless its a 4wd shop who has dealt with heim joints and lock nuts, which is much different than castle nuts and cotter key. It i do this all over, that is what i would have done.
This is a story in itself, but back to the alignment question. If anyone has a suggestion, great and thanks.