Tail light recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flashburn66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone. One of my tail lights on my 2017 ram 1500 got busted. I know I can replace with stock but I have really liked those ones with the led tubes that I have seen.

Are there any specific brands that are decent and that will last. I found this pair on Amazon I was leaning towards. Any recommendations is appreciated. Thanks.

upload_2020-10-16_12-51-3.png

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
Hey everyone. One of my tail lights on my 2017 ram 1500 got busted. I know I can replace with stock but I have really liked those ones with the led tubes that I have seen.

Are there any specific brands that are decent and that will last. I found this pair on Amazon I was leaning towards. Any recommendations is appreciated. Thanks.

View attachment 224817

I have those same lights saved in my cart. Can't make up my mind either but I really like the look of them.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alpharex makes really good headlights, lots of members here have them and like them. Well made and very few problems.
The have taillights now too:
View attachment 224818
https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-18-ram-truck-pro-series-led-tail-lights-red-smoke/
There is also a blacked out version:
https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-18-ram-truck-pro-series-led-tail-lights-jet-black/
I love those blacked out ones. And they are DOT as well. Does anyone have a video of these or the red ones. I looked on YouTube but they had nothing but AlphaRex headlights.
Thanks

OP
OP
F

Flashburn66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the info on those. I like those and may go with them

Does anyone know a good known brand for the type with the rectangle led tube. It kinda reminds me of the chargers rear tail lights which I’ve always liked.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info on those. I like those and may go with them

Does anyone know a good known brand for the type with the rectangle led tube. It kinda reminds me of the chargers rear tail lights which I’ve always liked.

The best looking tails for these rams IMO, are the 2019+ HD led tails, They will fit your truck, just need to do some wiring and BCM changes to get them working. It was worth it for me to do the swap on my '18

View media item 30105

OP
OP
F

Flashburn66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks I appreciate all the links. After allot of thought I’m gonna go with the spider ones. Just something about that led tube that I love. I also like the newer model ones but don’t have the time or enough money to be able to make it work.

thanks again.