Take the Pepsi Challenge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ok make it the Ram challenge. These guys are selling express and big horn models all day long for 16 grand under msrp, even 4x4.

4x4 express hemi 30k. crew cab

4x2 big horn hemi crew 28k.

So the Challenge, what would it be to get a 2018 Ford or Chevy in their top engines (none ecoboost or diesel) and in 4x4 and one step up from base model as express is a step up? It just seams like 30k for a 4x4 crew cab with this 8 speed is a pretty good deal in a full sized truck?

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok make it the Ram challenge. These guys are selling express and big horn models all day long for 16 grand under msrp, even 4x4.

4x4 express hemi 30k. crew cab

4x2 big horn hemi crew 28k.

So the Challenge, what would it be to get a 2018 Ford or Chevy in their top engines (none ecoboost or diesel) and in 4x4 and one step up from base model as express is a step up? It just seams like 30k for a 4x4 crew cab with this 8 speed is a pretty good deal in a full sized truck?
Ugh... If only I didn't just buy this thing that I got ..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
They’re not selling them for 16k under msrp. They are selling them for around 7k under (not that great). The rebates and bonus cash are manufacturer incentives that have nothing to do with the dealer, and nobody ever qualifies for all of them. This is why you negotiate the sale price WITHOUT any incentives figured in.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ugh... If only I didn't just buy this thing that I got ..

Damn sorry bro. Unintended part of this post, but this dealer has always sold their vehicles in this price range. This area only sells trucks, every dealer sells at least 10 trucks to any car. So it is a volume thing I bet.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The best deal I can find at my local Ford dealer for a new F150 XLT crew cab 4x4 with the 5.0 is $44473 after all rebates. Not even going to waste my time with Chevys aggravating ass website. Hell I can damn near get a 2019 Laramie 4x4 for that kind of money.

I have been finding similar, it's like people with common sense should be priced into Ram. Really nice trucks and they seam to be giving them away in comparison to other two.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So you say " in their top engines" but don't allow ecoboost. That IS Fords top F150 engine. The 450 hp version is in their Raptor from what I've seen. I think the badge says" Powered by Briggs & Stratton" :D

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is when I bought by Laramie last year I asked the dealer over the phone were they willing to sell me the truck for their lowest advertise price which was roughly 10 K off MSRP and they said yes so that’s what I paid for it. No haggling necessary. Not to mention I had no intentions of financing the truck with anyone other than my credit union and they came up with a deal at a lower interest rate with a local credit union in their town that was better than what I had so they even help me with that.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So you say " in their top engines" but don't allow ecoboost. That IS Fords top F150 engine. The 450 hp version is in their Raptor from what I've seen. I think the badge says" Powered by Briggs & Stratton" :D

I am handicapping Ram, making it even easier for someone to match that price, because I kinda doubt you will get a 4x4 eco boost crew cab xlt for that. but if you could, I would declare you the winner. But the 5.0L TI-VCT V8 or whatever their top v8 would be at least similar, again the Hemi being more value of any v8 they have it should in theory make it easier to find a new Ford 8 cylinder crew cab for near 30k? Let's even add a couple g's because someone says you can't get the rebates, but if you read them anyone should get most of them. Let's call it 32k, find and apples to apples ford or chevy for 32k ad price. v8 4x4 step up from base model.

I am literally serious because the Ford dealers in this area are like some part of a group of people that don't use ad's to bring people in. So it is very hard to get to the bottom line pricing even if you have cash in your hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The closest I could come with Ford is a 2017 that was an xl that could be had for 34k, and that was a v8 crew 4x4, which also seams ike a fair deal, but even at that the ram pricing just kills them.

Opps scratch that, lol. It is a super cab, which I kind of dig, but it wasn't a crew cab.

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They’re not selling them for 16k under msrp. They are selling them for around 7k under (not that great). The rebates and bonus cash are manufacturer incentives that have nothing to do with the dealer, and nobody ever qualifies for all of them. This is why you negotiate the sale price WITHOUT any incentives figured in.
thats not accurate sir. we sell rams all day for 16k under msrp. and im not promoting myslef ill never disclose ym place of work as thats not fair for me to do that on a ram thread.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So in this example in the original post https://www.lithiadodgesantarosa.co...-rosa-ca-5a75374e0a0e0adf2031c686e1437326.htm , are you telling me that Lithia dealership is the one offering all the rebates and bonus cash above and beyond their $6801 discount??
each dealership is given whats called rebates from the manufacturer. those rebates are given to each vehicle. It is true at face value if you walk in, you may not qualify for every single rebate. However if you walk in and say this is the internet price, it says 16k off msrp ill pay exactly that no more no less. Every dealership will sell it at that price. each delaership applies the "rebate" manually to each car. so if you dont qualify they can still aopply it to you. and if the manufacturer responds and says no then the dealership is given a stach of "coupon codes" for those not qualifying for rebates that let the customer recieve the unqualified discount.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The closest I could come with Ford is a 2017 that was an xl that could be had for 34k, and that was a v8 crew 4x4, which also seams ike a fair deal, but even at that the ram pricing just kills them.

Opps scratch that, lol. It is a super cab, which I kind of dig, but it wasn't a crew cab.
I went from a 4 door Dakota to an f150 super cab. At first I liked the super cab but over the years learned to hate those damn suicide doors. The quad cab is so much nicer than any super cab.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
thats not accurate sir. we sell rams all day for 16k under msrp. and im not promoting myslef ill never disclose ym place of work as thats not fair for me to do that on a ram thread.

But, I say since I asked for it would be ok here. It isn't spam, it is part of the thread. up to you

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Rather to get into the minutia of what you can get a ram for, I want to know what I can get a chevy or ford for. Not that I would ever buy a chevy, but I might buy a Ford. However, I'm not spending 10 grand more for a Ford v8 4x4 when I can get a hemi for what Ram sells it for.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've found in theSLT or big horn vs xlt Ford vs LT chevy in the same basic options the prices are pretty close. Once you start piling on options though the chevy and fords start to get a lot pricier. Until the 5th gen came out anyways.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
This Ford versus Ram pricing and options is a common discussion not only in our truck group, but generally. Central Ca is considered Ram country. In our truck group of 32, 21 are Rams. 6 Fords and the rest GM. What people are saying is, you can cost compare a Ford to a Ram, "kinda" apples to apples, and get close on the MRSP. BUT, when you go to buy the Ford, the dealers are not willing to discount like the Ram dealers are. They seem to believe they have the superior truck. Some people think that the local Ford dealers have a secret "stand your ground" price agreement. Hard to believe that one. But what we have seen on the street over the last 10 years, is more new Rams, more GMC 2500 and fewer Fords.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Rams are going to be cheaper than they usually are in the short term because they're clearing out the 4th to make room for the 5th. I'm hearing rumours of a ram classic so I have to think they have parts agreements or so many parts stockpiled they have to extend production to clear out that inventory as well.