Taking delivery of new ram today, price to pay?*got truck under sticker, all is well!*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09TRX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My advice still applies to any shopper.

Silver21Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Expensive life lesson. You should have gotten a price locked in at the time of order. Koons is close to you and is doing 5% under invoice, resulting in closer to 4% under invoice once their fees are applied. Complain about negativity all you like, but you are going to pay thousands of dollars more by not doing your research ahead of time and not really understanding the rules of the game about buying vehicles.
No dealer is selling Ram trucks 5% under "dealer invoice", not Koons, not Jones, not Smith or anybody else.

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Congratulations on your new ride! She's a looker!
Thank you very much, first pick up truck I ever owned after TOYOTA 4 RUNNER was a lemon…

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking good. Just FYI: Those SRA's (junk tires) are overinflated Balloons. Consider upgrading tires quick, get you something with more meat and a lil aggressive, considering where U R in NY, snow, ice and stuff. Just saying. What I run, Falken Wildpeak At3W's, I do not have much of a snow issue, more ice and a lot of water, tho this year we R in a big drought down here.

View attachment 506005View attachment 506006
Yes I heard they are trash, I have a 2001 Tahoe I use for the bad winter days as a winter beater, trying to keep this ram out of salt as much as possible. When it comes to buying tires I always have went with the BF good rich AT KO2’s. Those will be her next shoes.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No dealer is selling Ram trucks 5% under "dealer invoice", not Koons, not Jones, not Smith or anybody else.

Koons is doing that. But as mentioned, they have a high fee for it, like $700-800. Whereas Granger doing 4% under invoice only has fees of $225. I picked my 4% under truck from Granger about a month ago. It is for real.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

Sure they are. Makes it about the same as employee pricing and they make their money on hold back since the truck moves immediately. They get a bite at the apple to sell you financing, warranties, etc in F&I. They get a bite at the apple at your trade in. They get volume incentives, they sell trucks that don't count against their allocation, and they drive up their numbers to get a higher allocation. Pretty solid business model, making a little off a lot of people and getting more interaction with other profit centers in the dealership vs squeezing every nickel out of fewer customers.

Jbranco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You placed a special order build and you don't know how much you're paying for the truck? And you gave them a $1,000 non-refundable deposit?

I guess you're going to pay whatever they tell you you're going to pay. Why should they negotiate with you at this point?

I recently placed a special order but the price was negotiated prior to placing the order. I gave them a $500 refundable deposit.
Same here and I was price protected which turned out to be a $3000 savings.

Silver21Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
1.jpg
MSRP $101,770.
DEALER UPFITS $ 33,230.
KOONS PRICE $ 135,000.
*Search RAM 1500 @ koonsjeep.com

65 Rams - Some Advertised @ MSRP PLUS $ 11-12,000 OVER.
OTHERS Advertised @ MSRP LESS AVG. 10K DISCOUNT WITHOUT DISCOUNT DISCLOSURE.

*Yet to find any dealer in USA ADVERTISING A RAM TRUCK AT A PRICE OR DISCOUNT PERCENTAGE UNDER INVOICE.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Got the oil changed on my 2500 today and always snoop around looking at different cars. They had a new Wagoneer listed at MSRP plus $5k…$82k+ total. Sweet interior but not my cup of tea.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 506007
MSRP $101,770.
DEALER UPFITS $ 33,230.
KOONS PRICE $ 135,000.
*Search RAM 1500 @ koonsjeep.com

65 Rams - Some Advertised @ MSRP PLUS $ 11-12,000 OVER.
OTHERS Advertised @ MSRP LESS AVG. 10K DISCOUNT WITHOUT DISCOUNT DISCLOSURE.

*Yet to find any dealer in USA ADVERTISING A RAM TRUCK AT A PRICE OR DISCOUNT PERCENTAGE UNDER INVOICE.
102K for a truck, really, does it make breakfast? Geez, lmao.

Panduh

Reaction score
Engine
5.7 hemi
They did not mention anything of fees like that, granted sales people are mostly shady the guy I was dealing with was more than happy to order the specific truck I wanted because none were on the lot even close & special orders were not something new to him. Yes I wish I would have negotiated before hand but unfortunately I was not in the buying a new vehicle state of mind, dealing with a lemon I had for the last year canceling warranty plans coming from another dealer before ending up at the one I placed a order with it didn’t slip my mind. Was used to the Toyota way where now you pay msrp & get a vehicle closest to what you want, not what you exactly want. If I can get some off msrp that would be wonderful, if not it’s a lesson learned the hard way. Ordering a special built vehicle I didn’t think I would have the room to negotiate price as it’s not something sitting on the lot that they want gone.
Yes, I'm afraid you're going to learn a hard lesson. I hope you don't have to pay too much OVER MSRP. Cars are super expensive now. They would have no trouble selling your truck to someone else.

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nobody fully loads classic tradesman’s, it will sit a whole lot longer than the lower price basic v6’s that everyone wants in a classic apparently. Didn’t ask this question for a bunch of negativity to be given.
I fully loaded a classic tradesmen when I ordered my 2021. The deposit was refundable. I would have been happy to find a fully loaded example on the lot to park my a** into.

Ondgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 Hemi
I just ordered a truck. I’m paying MSRP plus T,T&L. It was all itemized on a worksheet before giving them the 1000 non refundable deposit. I made sure there was no “ market adjustment” fees that would be added. Sorry but you kinda lost any negotiating bullets. If they are ethical, you’ll pay MSRP but I’m betting you’ll pay some kind of dealer add on fees or market adjustment fee which is the go-to term right now. The car business is very unpredictable right now. Dealerships are even buying cars off other dealership lots. It’s a mess.

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You guys paying non refundable deposits are you checking to make sure it’s being deducted from the sale price? I’ve seen this tactic before where they conveniently don’t mention if the deposit is applied to the sale.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Last edited:
OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You guys paying non refundable deposits are you checking to make sure it’s being deducted from the sale price? I’ve seen this tactic before where they conveniently don’t mention if the deposit is applied to the sale.
Mine went off the sale

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just ordered a truck. I’m paying MSRP plus T,T&L. It was all itemized on a worksheet before giving them the 1000 non refundable deposit. I made sure there was no “ market adjustment” fees that would be added. Sorry but you kinda lost any negotiating bullets. If they are ethical, you’ll pay MSRP but I’m betting you’ll pay some kind of dealer add on fees or market adjustment fee which is the go-to term right now. The car business is very unpredictable right now. Dealerships are even buying cars off other dealership lots. It’s a mess.
Few pages back truck deal is done, got it under sticker by a bit. All is well.

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
I am now in my second RAM Tradesman. The more "upscale" models do not suit me. My Tradesman had/have the "Customer Preferred Package 2A", which has everything on your list and more. I buy aftermarket seat covers that protect my cloth seats. My seats look like new after 7 years.
-
I like the 8 inch radio as it seems to have less issues than the 12 inch on does. I use the term "radio" loosely as it really is now a computer terminal with a radio app.
-
And after 5 years and 50k miles, all those RAM trucks values are much closer than the sale prices were. And all the stuff on my Tradesman will still work.
-
Good luck on the pricing. Perhaps you got a dealers that is used to treating customers well. They really are out there and not uncommon as the internet makes them out to be.

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am now in my second RAM Tradesman. The more "upscale" models do not suit me. My Tradesman had/have the "Customer Preferred Package 2A", which has everything on your list and more. I buy aftermarket seat covers that protect my cloth seats. My seats look like new after 7 years.
-
I like the 8 inch radio as it seems to have less issues than the 12 inch on does. I use the term "radio" loosely as it really is now a computer terminal with a radio app.
-
And after 5 years and 50k miles, all those RAM trucks values are much closer than the sale prices were. And all the stuff on my Tradesman will still work.
-
Good luck on the pricing. Perhaps you got a dealers that is used to treating customers well. They really are out there and not uncommon as the internet makes them out to be.
Got it a hair under msrp, they treated me well. Only complaint is the detail department should be fired