Tazer Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Howard Smith

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4 (392)
I wanted to share me experience connecting and using the Tazer Ram on my truck.
Used the Tazer before on our Charger, and finally pulled the trigger for the truck to work out some pesky TPMS warnings and add some cool features.

Install...super easy just follow the instructions, OBDII connection, instrument display on radio function, marry the unit and change/adjust settings as you prefer.

My goal was to clear the TPMS data and warning light, accomplished...I previously tried this with the AEV Procal and it did not work.

Added features: Auto folding mirrors, turned on daytime running lights, easy entry activated (moves seat back when truck is turned off), fog lights stay on when brights are used, and quite a few other options are available when needed.

Thumbs up to the Z Automotive guys.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I wanted to share me experience connecting and using the Tazer Ram on my truck.
Used the Tazer before on our Charger, and finally pulled the trigger for the truck to work out some pesky TPMS warnings and add some cool features.

Install...super easy just follow the instructions, OBDII connection, instrument display on radio function, marry the unit and change/adjust settings as you prefer.

My goal was to clear the TPMS data and warning light, accomplished...I previously tried this with the AEV Procal and it did not work.

Added features: Auto folding mirrors, turned on daytime running lights, easy entry activated (moves seat back when truck is turned off), fog lights stay on when brights are used, and quite a few other options are available when needed.

Thumbs up to the Z Automotive guys.
Do you have to keep it plugged in to maintain your new settings or can you share it?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have to keep it plugged in to maintain your new settings or can you share it?

To keep the “vehicle settings” changed you do not need the unit to be plugged in to the port, but to use the “live functions” you do.

You can not share it between vehicles. It needs to be “married” to a vehicle to change any setting.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
To keep the “vehicle settings” changed you do not need the unit to be plugged in to the port, but to use the “live functions” you do.

You can not share it between vehicles. It needs to be “married” to a vehicle to change any setting.
Thanks. I was hoping to borrow my bothers for a minute when I go to 37” tires.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I was hoping to borrow my bothers for a minute when I go to 37” tires.

You can. You will just have to unmarry it from his truck (putting settings back to factory) and then you can marry it to your truck.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
You can. You will just have to unmarry it from his truck (putting settings back to factory) and then you can marry it to your truck.
Dang it. It sounds like an a Apple product now. Lol
I get it though, it keeps people from sharing so you have to buy your own. I would do the same if I was Tazer.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang it. It sounds like an a Apple product now. Lol
I get it though, it keeps people from sharing so you have to buy your own. I would do the same if I was Tazer.

Tazer.... or any other computer/tuner type product in the world...

If they didnt do that, they would only sell one unit and the world would just pass it around.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Tazer.... or any other computer/tuner type product in the world...

If they didnt do that, they would only sell one unit and the world would just pass it around.
I get it. I just had a T-Mobile plug that I could move from car to car and no experience with a device like a Tazer. I saw the live options had to stay plugged in to continue to function and just hoped that the setting option was “free” to pass around.

OP
OP
Howard Smith

Howard Smith

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4 (392)
yeah I keep it plugged in...otherwise the stupid tire pressure light will not go away. Since I am keeping it attached, I pulled the OBDII port from the mount and zip tied it up behind the dash, otherwise my legs could hit the programmer. As for programmers I was going to sell my AEV Procal and then I noticed you are not able to unpair it from the vehicle...so I guess I am stuck with it even though it did not do what I wanted it for.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah I keep it plugged in...otherwise the stupid tire pressure light will not go away. Since I am keeping it attached, I pulled the OBDII port from the mount and zip tied it up behind the dash, otherwise my legs could hit the programmer. As for programmers I was going to sell my AEV Procal and then I noticed you are not able to unpair it from the vehicle...so I guess I am stuck with it even though it did not do what I wanted it for.
How was the process of switching for the AEV to the tazer? Did you have to do anything besides plug the new on in?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

You should absolutely be able to unpair it. You could then sell it as well.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should absolutely be able to unpair it. You could then sell it as well.
I thoughts once you programed your truck that unit was married to your truck? No divorce lol

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thoughts once you programed your truck that unit was married to your truck? No divorce lol

Nope. It is married to it and cant be used on any other vehicle... until they get a divorce lol

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hum, looks like they have made a few updates since I last checked. Can you tell me if it now allows you to set the fog lights to Led?

OP
OP
Howard Smith

Howard Smith

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4 (392)
Before I connected the tazer I did follow the instructions to return the truck to stock settings...the instrctions state their is no procedure to unpair the unit from the vehicle.

As for the lights, there are quite a few options available in the tazer. All I see for the fog lights is the ability to add them, and determine if the drop when high beams are used. They do have LED support for the other lights (brake/cargo).

The features I am using right now are below:

TPMS - Disabled
Tire Size - 37.05
Daytime Running Lights - Canada
Daytime Running Lights - Turn Signals
Daytime Running Lights Drop - Yes
Power Mirrors - Yes
Power Mirrors Auto - Yes
Easy Entry - Yes

I am pleased with the performance of the tazer, it's so fast at clearing the TMPS and other settings that if you didn't know it was installed you would not second guess anything is done to the truck. WELL WORTH THE PURCHASE!!!:)

As for the AEV Procal - it's an expensive paper weight. :(

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s what I was getting at earlier this week

Having the unit work on only one vehicle AT A TIME is completely understandable. Having it only work with one vehicle FOREVER is a bunch of ****. There is absolutely no need for that. Thats just greedy. Not sure if it is only for the brand new ones or what.

That was not an issue in the past.

EB0B0C94-EC7A-4B60-8A1A-CB536A81AFE2.png