Tennis balls in suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ellamay_the05v8

Ellamay_the05v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum v8
I haven't, but my guess would be get torn apart and spread out along the road.
yeah id imagine so at high speeds maybe, but i've seen it at the mud hole and trails a couple times so i was just curious.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I thought this was a joke until I searched on it and came across a youtube video of some Indian guys stuffing tennis balls into a coil spring. So may things about that video make me wonder if these guys still have all their appendages...or are still breathing.

I guess it could increase the spring rate if you put enough of them inside the coil spring. But I would think it's only a short term solution.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There was a video floating around for a bit about someone installing a football inside the coil spring as an air bag type insert.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There was a video floating around for a bit about someone installing a football inside the coil spring as an air bag type insert.
Just watched an episode of hot rod garage where they stuffed them in a Chevy with the big coils out back.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm guessing the neighborhood dogs will take to liking your vehicle if you do stuff the suspension with tennis balls