"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Your CAN and AIR Baudrates are correct. Dodge Ram LO is for the 4-fan speed with that large black plug. (Your truck)

If Changyuantong with Bagu doesn't work, try Changyuantong with Xinpu. It's the Protocol our Linkswell Radios use.

That red CANBOX with the CH-... serial number (in our case) is usually for CHEVY vehicles. Our Dodge Ram red box starts with XSBOX-007. Maybe you have the wrong CANBOX? Running a Dodge Ram XFY, SIMPLE, or CANBUS update may fix that. (If you can find one)
Great info!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Wizard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your CAN and AIR Baudrates are correct. Dodge Ram LO is for the 4-fan speed with that large black plug. (Your truck)

If Changyuantong with Bagu doesn't work, try Changyuantong with Xinpu. It's the Protocol our Linkswell Radios use.

That red CANBOX with the CH-... serial number (in our case) is usually for CHEVY vehicles. Our Dodge Ram red box starts with XSBOX-007. Maybe you have the wrong CANBOX? Running a Dodge Ram XFY, SIMPLE, or CANBUS update may fix that. (If you can find one)

I sent it back but this info might be very valuable to someone else; thank you !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustLovett0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L 8cyl
I sent it back but this info might be very valuable to someone else; thank you !!

Sounds good. If you still want one of these Radios, I work at a company called "Linkswell." We're basically an American brand of these radios with actual tech support. If your Dodge Ram dash matches one of these photos, we got a radio for your truck. Buy at ADCMobile.com (our online seller).

13-19 compatible.jpg

2013 incompatible.jpg

jmckeejr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And if anyone with 4 speed fan needs one I'll have one for sale when I get back in town (from 2014 2500). For the best compatibility would say 2014 to 2018 even though the site says 2013 up.

gphilpot1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the Tesla style radio worth the headache if I already have the 8.4 UConnect radio with all the options?

I did a full radio swap on a newer Dodge Journey. I was an absolute nightmare to get it to work as the entire dash had to be reconfigured, but I did, and it was really cool afterwards.

Just hate thinking I could lose compatibility and are spend hours in the garage breaking something that isn't broken (original working radio).

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is the Tesla style radio worth the headache if I already have the 8.4 UConnect radio with all the options?

I did a full radio swap on a newer Dodge Journey. I was an absolute nightmare to get it to work as the entire dash had to be reconfigured, but I did, and it was really cool afterwards.

Just hate thinking I could lose compatibility and are spend hours in the garage breaking something that isn't broken (original working radio).

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
No...

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L

Did you buy your radio from Rhino?. I saw your harness/CAN pics and noticed these are exactly the same as the ones they came with the radio I bought from them last year. I also have the 4 speed fan RAM truck and had the same issue with the AC not working at all or when it decided to work, air just blew through the windshield. The problem is a combination of incompatible CAN / harness with the 4 speed fan truck. There is no software fix for it - I tried every possible solution and they even sent a replacement unit which basically fried after I installed it and Rhino sent me a full refund. Best advice return the radio.

While Phoenix customer service sucks, I was lucky and ordered a cheap refurbished unit. Before I ordered the unit, I clearly told them about my truck been the one with the 4 speed fan. When my unit arrived, I noticed their harness and canbus came labeled RAM Lo different from the ones from both radios I had from Rhino. I been with this refurb unit over a year now with no issues and everything worked after installing it.

I found the pics I took from the Rhino's CAN and harness below.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
e7ffedd0d081094b45165110171f97d5.jpg32b3c6445b6a9e25707e219be60c6ea7.jpg

Last edited:

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Sounds good. If you still want one of these Radios, I work at a company called "Linkswell." We're basically an American brand of these radios with actual tech support. If your Dodge Ram dash matches one of these photos, we got a radio for your truck. Buy at ADCMobile.com (our online seller).

View attachment 216426

View attachment 216427
I was confused, since you said if it matches either picture you had a system that would work, while the second picture says "incompatible". I confirmed on the website you linked that you don't have a system available for trucks with the stereo in second picture which is what my 2010 has.

JustLovett0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L 8cyl
I was confused, since you said if it matches either picture you had a system that would work, while the second picture says "incompatible". I confirmed on the website you linked that you don't have a system available for trucks with the stereo in second picture which is what my 2010 has.

Sorry, I guess I worded myself incorrectly...

If you have the "COMPATABLE" dodge ram, Linkswell has a radio for that truck.
If you have the "INCOMPATABLE" dodge ram, we don't have a unit yet, and don't plan to make one for those older models.

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Phoenix has Tesla Style units for 09-12 Rams

Here is someone who shared a complete installation tutorial on YouTube

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Phoenix has Tesla Style units for 09-12 Rams

Here is someone who shared a complete installation tutorial on YouTube

I also posted that video when I found it a month ago, or so.;)
Was hoping there was some competition in the market!:D

Wayne Stella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Since I am still trying to get my steering wheel audio controls to work again I have a question to throw out there. I tow a travel trailer and installed a camera on the back of it. It is directly wired to the AUX connection on this radio so that when I switch to AUX I can see behind my trailer. All of that goes out the window when I put the truck in reverse as the truck defaults to the truck backup camera. Any way to bypass that and get the camera connected to AUX to work while in reverse? I thought about an RCA selector switch with two in and one out to the radio. A for truck and B for trailer. Anyone have any other ideas?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Since I am still trying to get my steering wheel audio controls to work again I have a question to throw out there. I tow a travel trailer and installed a camera on the back of it. It is directly wired to the AUX connection on this radio so that when I switch to AUX I can see behind my trailer. All of that goes out the window when I put the truck in reverse as the truck defaults to the truck backup camera. Any way to bypass that and get the camera connected to AUX to work while in reverse? I thought about an RCA selector switch with two in and one out to the radio. A for truck and B for trailer. Anyone have any other ideas?
That would work. I did something similar.

pathosmusic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think the tech may have caught up since 2018 (OP)
True...
So is this link from Phoenix Android fake? (Says Android 7.1 fastboot)
https://phoenixautomotiveins.com/co...m-2013-2018?variant=41228387341#Compatibility
BUT the newer versions that are released are still the only version it will ever have. So 4.4.4 will always be 4.4.4, 7.1 will always be 7.1, etc...

Any version of these that says some version of 6.x is false used either to sell more radios or trick the play store into installing apps that would otherwise be incompatible with older versions of Android.

R242

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone added an amp? I'm all installed on the px6 10.4 fast boot, no issues but this one. Seems there are RCA outs for all 4 door speakers, then a single wire marked as "SUB". I know I can loc converter out on the rear doors but I've never used a converter on a single wire before. I tried running the amplifier's RCA's to the rear RCA outs, then using the "SUB" wire as the trigger. I guessed wrong on that lol, just seeing if anyone knows before contacting the Pheonix guys.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone added an amp? I'm all installed on the px6 10.4 fast boot, no issues but this one. Seems there are RCA outs for all 4 door speakers, then a single wire marked as "SUB". I know I can loc converter out on the rear doors but I've never used a converter on a single wire before. I tried running the amplifier's RCA's to the rear RCA outs, then using the "SUB" wire as the trigger. I guessed wrong on that lol, just seeing if anyone knows before contacting the Pheonix guys.
On mine the RCA outs and sub never worked.

Last edited: