"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H2o2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Desiel
Yes. Along with traction control and tow mode for my trans and exhaust bake as well. And they all work but the hazard. If I unplug just that button control they still flash but if I unplug the climate controls they stop flashing.

H2o2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Desiel
Could there be a wrong setting that my a/c controls may be on?

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The harness for the A/C controls is also for the hazards (i am 99% on this) I'm a little confused though by your statement "traction control and tow mode for my trans and exhaust bake as well" on the bezel. SitKneelBend is asking about the radio bezel, if its the old style bezel the hazard button is in the center on the bottom

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The harness for the A/C controls is also for the hazards (i am 99% on this) I'm a little confused though by your statement "traction control and tow mode for my trans and exhaust bake as well" on the bezel. SitKneelBend is asking about the radio bezel, if its the old style bezel the hazard button is in the center on the bottom
I'm wondering if it's a newer bezel. I know there are at least 2 different ones...maybe a third?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Maybe. I only knew of a new one that offered the hazard button and the defrost button. Hope H2o2 posts a picture, curious to see. After working okay yesterday mine today is back to not wanting to stay on when the truck is running. Time to see if Phoenix gets back to me, at this point thinking of sending them the entire thing to try and fix.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Maybe. I only knew of a new one that offered the hazard button and the defrost button. Hope H2o2 posts a picture, curious to see. After working okay yesterday mine today is back to not wanting to stay on when the truck is running. Time to see if Phoenix gets back to me, at this point thinking of sending them the entire thing to try and fix.
Do you have a USB connected? I noticed I could get mine to restart by plugging in a USB device drawing enough power. If not, maybe try unplugging the factory USB hub/card reader and see if it stays on.

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you have a USB connected? I noticed I could get mine to restart by plugging in a USB device drawing enough power. If not, maybe try unplugging the factory USB hub/card reader and see if it stays on.

I actually have an amazon alexa dot plugged into the hub for power... I'll unplug it and give it a go. Thanks as always, I'll report back.

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Okay, so unplugged two devices i had plugged into the USB and it got better. Powered up with the engine but still seemed to drop out at certain times, I wonder if it's a power issue, I did note when I had originally put in the 7.1 board that I needed more power to run the unit out of the truck. Gonna be looking for my old 4.4 board (misplaced it) to see if swapping back to that fixes the issue.

jpaitala

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I got gen2 device. No manual or anything.... anyone have the passwords to hidden menus? 7211 works for the Ac menu but not for the rest of the hidden menus..!

Thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got gen2 device. No manual or anything.... anyone have the passwords to hidden menus? 7211 works for the Ac menu but not for the rest of the hidden menus..!

Thanks
Try 7891, 8861, and 666888

H2o2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Desiel
Yes there is a hazard button, traction control,tow haul, and exhaust button. The hazard lights stay until I unplug the climate control wiring harnesses only

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes there is a hazard button, traction control,tow haul, and exhaust button. The hazard lights stay until I unplug the climate control wiring harnesses only
We really need a picture to help...

H2o2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Desiel
This is the radio I have in my truck 2014 dodge ram 2500 slt

0344F068-CD94-4C5E-B155-B060063EF12E.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
There are only 3 buttons on that radio bezel. The one in the middle is hazards. What happens when you press it?

H2o2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Desiel
Nothing. The other two buttons work. I have tried to unplug the wiring harness fir the three buttons but my lights still flash. They only stop flashing when I unplug the climate control. Could it be a setting in the advanced settings that could be wrong because of this?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Nothing. The other two buttons work. I have tried to unplug the wiring harness fir the three buttons but my lights still flash. They only stop flashing when I unplug the climate control. Could it be a setting in the advanced settings that could be wrong because of this?
Possibly but I doubt it. If the button does noting then I assume the switch is bad. I'm being serious when I say this, try pressing it harder. If the board underneath isn't positioned properly it may not be making contact with the button.

I'd be asking for an exchange.

H2o2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Desiel
Thanks for your help. It just seems weird that I can undo the wire harness for the buttons and the lights still flash but as soon as I unplug and plug in the climate control is the only time it stops or starts flashing. My driving lights stay in as well and my navigation does work either. Or my steering wheel controls either. Thanks again!