"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is what mine does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's crazy! You can try changing the protocol. I know for me I ended up using the 'Simple' protocol because the temp change 2 degrees at a time vs one when I used the other 'Bagu' or whatever its called. lol

The digital climate control and the clean install is what got me with these radios but now I know it's just not worth the trouble. I'll go back to my manual controls that never failed and try an android radio that is not flush mounted.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's crazy! You can try changing the protocol. I know for me I ended up using the 'Simple' protocol because the temp change 2 degrees at a time vs one when I used the other 'Bagu' or whatever its called. lol

The digital climate control and the clean install is what got me with these radios but now I know it's just not worth the trouble. I'll go back to my manual controls that never failed and try an android radio that is not flush mounted.

I’ve tried all of them and they all do this and some of them cause other issues like backup camera not coming on at all .
Phoenix doesn’t really care so for me I either live with it or start a return process . Haven’t decided what to do so for now just living with it .

jhanson79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 MPI
You never know with these units. you have what we call the bootleg unit.
You can tell because it's not a full 10.4 inch screen.... It has the black bar all the way around it. I hope Phoenix responds with good news for you [emoji5]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

I guess I’m on my own! This was Phoenix response which I already know how to do, I just don’t know what settings to use! Their tech support is crap and the video is for a Toyota and not a Dodge. I sent the pics I sent y’all so they could see I know how to get to the screen to change the settings!02b0ccf9d4488c74dbc9e94e8fd0936a.jpg

jhanson79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 MPI

I have tried some of the different setting recommendations but what at least let’s me use my AC is Dodge RAM Hi protocol simple

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I’m on my own! This was Phoenix response which I already know how to do, I just don’t know what settings to use! Their tech support is crap and the video is for a Toyota and not a Dodge. I sent the pics I sent y’all so they could see I know how to get to the screen to change the settings!02b0ccf9d4488c74dbc9e94e8fd0936a.jpg

Sorry bro. I guess you got to make a decision if you are okay to live with that or if you want to return it and get another one..
If you decide the return route I highly suggest you get the one button version 2G/64G

jhanson79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 MPI
Sorry bro. I guess you got to make a decision if you are okay to live with that or if you want to return it and get another one..
If you decide the return route I highly suggest you get the one button version 2G/64G

I’m past the return stage so I’m just going to keep researching! I did get the Carlinkit CarPlay dongle so I can get some of those features. It’s not perfect but with the support of people like you guys in this forum it gives me hope that one day someone with my similar situation might figure something out. I did message Phoenix back and told them sorry for the miss understanding and explained it again so hopefully I get a response but if not I will keep researching and improving so that hopefully I might be able to help someone else out.

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hey guys Ben here, just wanted to say thanks to BigDaddtsHouse for all the instruction on how to change up the ui, and turned me on to a new launcher. I was using MMC launcher with Dub music player and it diddn't look to bad BUT the launcher wasn't working well with this unit, but the new one does and I must say i'm very pleased with it, The only thing that would really make my day is if SitKneelBend would help me out with the ram head coming up when the screen loads. I got his name from BigDaddysHouse who by the way has great,Old Head Unic Pic.jpg IMG_2.jpg IMG_3.jpg IMG_4.jpg and informative, vids on U-Tube you should check them out! I've made a lot of changes to the truck with his vids, anyway here are some pics of the new changes to the Tesla. Oh! and I was told to post a pic of my system info in case somebody may need it.Information.jpg

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys Ben here, just wanted to say thanks to BigDaddtsHouse for all the instruction on how to change up the ui, and turned me on to a new launcher. I was using MMC launcher with Dub music player and it diddn't look to bad BUT the launcher wasn't working well with this unit, but the new one does and I must say i'm very pleased with it, The only thing that would really make my day is if SitKneelBend would help me out with the ram head coming up when the screen loads. I got his name from BigDaddysHouse who by the way has great,View attachment 176751 View attachment 176752 View attachment 176753 View attachment 176754 and informative, vids on U-Tube you should check them out! I've made a lot of changes to the truck with his vids, anyway here are some pics of the new changes to the Tesla. Oh! and I was told to post a pic of my system info in case somebody may need it.View attachment 176750
Damn those bootleg units!
Thanks for the shout out bro and that trim is sick!!! did you vinyl wrap that?

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’m past the return stage so I’m just going to keep researching! I did get the Carlinkit CarPlay dongle so I can get some of those features. It’s not perfect but with the support of people like you guys in this forum it gives me hope that one day someone with my similar situation might figure something out. I did message Phoenix back and told them sorry for the miss understanding and explained it again so hopefully I get a response but if not I will keep researching and improving so that hopefully I might be able to help someone else out.

What I would do is just keep pushing them for the latest firmware/mcu for the 3-button version. If they can't provide the files ask for an exchange for the 1-button version. I think you said before you bought this radio August 2018 so your one year warranty is up this month right? I would also try reaching out to Rhino Radio and ask for the latest version of the 3-button firmware/MCU. They don't need to know you didn't buy it from them. If all else fails I know Phoenix has a facebook post from last year with a link to a 3-button firmware update.

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Damn those bootleg units!
Thanks for the shout out bro and that trim is sick!!! did you vinyl wrap that?

Its Vinyl wrap, paint, and a very costly wood grain kit, some time, aggravation, and help from a lot of you guys, if you have any questions on some of my mods please feel free to ask I did everything but the lift kit, and the exhaust, all you have to do is click on my pic on your u-tube site and it will take you to all my vids over a 4 year period. Thanks for all your help :)

jhanson79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 MPI
What I would do is just keep pushing them for the latest firmware/mcu for the 3-button version. If they can't provide the files ask for an exchange for the 1-button version. I think you said before you bought this radio August 2018 so your one year warranty is up this month right? I would also try reaching out to Rhino Radio and ask for the latest version of the 3-button firmware/MCU. They don't need to know you didn't buy it from them. If all else fails I know Phoenix has a facebook post from last year with a link to a 3-button firmware update.

I sent a video to Phoenix and they are going to forward it to the Chinese engineers so hopefully I will get an answer soon. Here is a video of what my radio is doing.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sent a video to Phoenix and they are going to forward it to the Chinese engineers so hopefully I will get an answer soon. Here is a video of what my radio is doing.

Sorry for laughing but they told me same thing two months ago .

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:popcorn: :think: :wtf2: :Frustrated: :flamingdevil: <----------- Me, reading more negative $hit about Phoenix Radios.....

wondering why I placed an order two weeks ago..... hoping when I install it, this thing doesn't start smoking and

burn my truck down.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Dang it!! There goes my first T-Style alternative. I don't know about you guys but I shouldn't be able to peel the screen off my radio. Lol

2f6d8c68391b0ed640f3996f3d627bc2.jpg

I like the size though. I just need to find one with a little more quality. Good thing it's Amazon Prime return. Here is an image comparing the two screens.

8ca1d203c6154ca39b7df2cbe0eed423.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Dang it!! There goes my first T-Style alternative. I don't know about you guys but I shouldn't be able to peel the screen off my radio. Lol

2f6d8c68391b0ed640f3996f3d627bc2.jpg

I like the size though. I just need to find one with a little more quality. Good thing it's Amazon Prime return. Here is an image comparing the two screens.

8ca1d203c6154ca39b7df2cbe0eed423.jpg

Is it a screen protector? Pretty common to ship with a pre-installed one...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Is it a screen protector? Pretty common to ship with a pre-installed one...

I thought that too. Nope its the screen I can see the connections behind it. Either that or the bezel around the screen that contains the hard buttons.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Decent video by Phoenix describing user settings on the PX6 units.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Decent video by Phoenix describing user settings on the PX6 units.

Quick question, is Android Auto built into your unit? If so, is it full screen?