"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Questions about screen protectors for this.... If I don't install one, does the screen scratch easily from normal use? I know I've read some things on here about being able to use polarized glasses. I think some posts mentioned trimming the bottom of the protector to fit. Any recommendations? I'm waiting to receive my PX6....and just thought if I need a screen protector, I should order one now.

Thanks!

jhanson79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 MPI
I just bought the carlinkit CarPlay dongle but it keeps getting disconnected! Sometimes it will run for a while then disconnect! Has anybody else had this issue? I updated to the latest software and I have tried two different usb cables. I even tried connecting it straight to the units usb cable instead of the usb in the console of my RAM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Questions about screen protectors for this.... If I don't install one, does the screen scratch easily from normal use? I know I've read some things on here about being able to use polarized glasses. I think some posts mentioned trimming the bottom of the protector to fit. Any recommendations? I'm waiting to receive my PX6....and just thought if I need a screen protector, I should order one now.

Thanks!
I use these cut down to fit lengthwise...

Mr Shield For Amazon Fire HD 10... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015IKUNL2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Thanks!

I didn't have any of my head units long enough to know about durability but I can tell you all three units came with a screen protector. However two out of three were installed poorly and I had to remove them but you could get lucky. Without a screen protector you will have to remove your polarized sunglasses to see the screen.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just bought the carlinkit CarPlay dongle but it keeps getting disconnected! Sometimes it will run for a while then disconnect! Has anybody else had this issue? I updated to the latest software and I have tried two different usb cables. I even tried connecting it straight to the units usb cable instead of the usb in the console of my RAM!

Try updating the Autokit app. Open the app without your phone plugged in. Click the gear in the top left corner. Scroll to the bottom of the page for update options for the app and hardware...

jhanson79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 MPI
Try updating the Autokit app. Open the app without your phone plugged in. Click the gear in the top left corner. Scroll to the bottom of the page for update options for the app and hardware...

I checked for updates and it says I have the latest update.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I checked for updates and it says I have the latest update.

Try disabling the "Phone Link" app in the Android Settings. I believe the App is called "easyconnected"

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks!
The screen durability seems like it's a really hard question to answer now, only because when I bought mine over a year ago there wasn't a lot of choices out there. it was pretty much just krando and one other company.... (That I can't think of at the moment.) but I can tell you specifically with the krando unit, I don't use a screen protector and have never used a screen protector. No scratches. For it being as hot as it is inside my truck in the summertime and way below freezing in the winter, I can tell you I couldn't be happier with my unit. The screen still shows black blacks and brilliant colors.
Sorry I talk too much sometimes LOL
Best of luck to you with the PX6!!!
I hear it's smokin hot..... Hehe

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Kingbuzerd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you think the interface/wiring would work in a 2007?

I'm sure that it's not going to be as easy as a plug and play. I'm just wanting a modern look and to get rid of the CD player and a/c *** controls.

I know that I'm going to have to fabricate a housing to make it fit nice but I'm interested in the electronics part of things since that's my weak point. Just wondering if the reason it's only for the 2013s and up is do to fitment and maybe wiring harness differences or is there some electrical components that makes it impossible to use in the earlier models.

Really wanting one of these tesla styles... I'm new and this thread is massive and havent been able to figure out a way to search for keywords so I'm sorry if this has been asked already. Any thoughts?

jhanson79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 MPI
Try disabling the "Phone Link" app in the Android Settings. I believe the App is called "easyconnected"

I disabled the phone link app and plugged it directly into the extra usb extension and not my center console and so for its working perfectly. Now if I can only figure out why my amazon music app in CarPlay keeps stopping. All I get when I click on the app is a blank screen. It comes up on my phone fine but not in the CarPlay mode. My guess is it’s a compatibility issue. Any suggestions on what could cause that?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I'm sure that it's not going to be as easy as a plug and play. I'm just wanting a modern look and to get rid of the CD player and a/c *** controls.

I know that I'm going to have to fabricate a housing to make it fit nice but I'm interested in the electronics part of things since that's my weak point. Just wondering if the reason it's only for the 2013s and up is do to fitment and maybe wiring harness differences or is there some electrical components that makes it impossible to use in the earlier models.

Really wanting one of these tesla styles... I'm new and this thread is massive and havent been able to figure out a way to search for keywords so I'm sorry if this has been asked already. Any thoughts?
Nope...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I disabled the phone link app and plugged it directly into the extra usb extension and not my center console and so for its working perfectly. Now if I can only figure out why my amazon music app in CarPlay keeps stopping. All I get when I click on the app is a blank screen. It comes up on my phone fine but not in the CarPlay mode. My guess is it’s a compatibility issue. Any suggestions on what could cause that?

Is the app freezing or the entire CarPlay interface?

jhanson79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 MPI

The 10.4 inch screens are specifically programed for your model and year truck and the harness is designed to fit the radio plug of your truck but they do make universal android head units now that would work with your truck or any vehicle for that matter. My radio quit and a friend had a radio just like mine but all the functions like ac would not work and when I put my radio in it replaced my manual controls.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope...

Lol.... Dude, i love you but that was a really ****** answer. [emoji23]
okay, the canbus settings are completely different for a 2013 to 2019 classic. I can pretty much guarantee you will never get the AC or heating controls to work properly. However if that doesn't bother you I'm sure you can get the radio to work LOL.
If I had a 3rd gen Ram I would probably just get a sweet double din. Kenwood and Alpine make fantastic ones.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 10.4 inch screens are specifically programed for your model and year truck and the harness is designed to fit the radio plug of your truck but they do make universal android head units now that would work with your truck or any vehicle for that matter. My radio quit and a friend had a radio just like mine but all the functions like ac would not work and when I put my radio in it replaced my manual controls.

Well said sir!

jhanson79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 MPI
Is the app freezing or the entire CarPlay interface?

The app it’s just a black screen when I open the app. If I close the amazon music app on my phone it closes on CarPlay and Vice versa so car play is not frozen it’s just the music is not loading properly.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat