"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you think the interface/wiring would work in a 2007?

I'm sure that it's not going to be as easy as a plug and play. I'm just wanting a modern look and to get rid of the CD player and a/c *** controls.

I know that I'm going to have to fabricate a housing to make it fit nice but I'm interested in the electronics part of things since that's my weak point. Just wondering if the reason it's only for the 2013s and up is do to fitment and maybe wiring harness differences or is there some electrical components that makes it impossible to use in the earlier models.

Really wanting one of these tesla styles... I'm new and this thread is massive and havent been able to figure out a way to search for keywords so I'm sorry if this has been asked already. Any thoughts?

Honestly dude the digital climate controls is more of a novelty. The on screen controls will take you longer to adjust then manual. I had a few installed in my 2013. Just sent back the last one. They are not the most reliable. While it does look slick installed I am glad to have my manual controls back. I do however miss everything else. I am currently looking for a replacement with the same customization but without the climate controls. Here is what I am waiting on now.

10.1 Android Car Stereo - JOYING Android 8.1 4GB RAM 64GB Double Din ROM GPS Navigation LCD Touchscreen with 4G SIM Card Slot - Support Android Auto/DSP/SPDIF/Fast Boot/Split Screen\ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RFQJ4HY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ppixDbXAS8JWB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lol.... Dude, i love you but that was a really ****** answer. [emoji23]
okay, the canbus settings are completely different for a 2013 to 2019 classic. I can pretty much guarantee you will never get the AC or heating controls to work properly. However if that doesn't bother you I'm sure you can get the radio to work LOL.
If I had a 3rd gen Ram I would probably just get a sweet double din. Kenwood and Alpine make fantastic ones.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
Brevity is a lost art...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The app it’s just a black screen when I open the app. If I close the amazon music app on my phone it closes on CarPlay and Vice versa so car play is not frozen it’s just the music is not loading properly.

Have you tried a different music app? Do any of your CarPlay apps perform properly?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Honestly dude the digital climate controls is more of a novelty. The on screen controls will take you longer to adjust then manual. I had a few installed in my 2013. Just sent back the last one. They are not the most reliable. While it does look slick installed I am glad to have my manual controls back. I do however miss everything else. I am currently looking for a replacement with the same customization but without the climate controls. Here is what I am waiting on now.

10.1 Android Car Stereo - JOYING Android 8.1 4GB RAM 64GB Double Din ROM GPS Navigation LCD Touchscreen with 4G SIM Card Slot - Support Android Auto/DSP/SPDIF/Fast Boot/Split Screen\ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RFQJ4HY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ppixDbXAS8JWB

There is also a "universal" T Style radio...

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...9&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There is also a "universal" T Style radio...

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...9&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign

Yeah I didn't want to take a gamble on anymore of their head units. I figured they were manufactured by the same company. Plus with Amazon I purchased the 3 year protection plan for the Joying unit. Besides a horizontal 10.1 in screen is the biggest you can go without blocking the vents on our trucks and vertical would block climate controls.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah I didn't want to take a gamble on anymore of their head units. I figured they were manufactured by the same company. Plus with Amazon I purchased the 3 year protection plan for the Joying unit. Besides a horizontal 10.1 in screen is the biggest you can go without blocking the vents on our trucks and vertical would block climate controls.

I'll be interested in whatever you end up with. At present, I'm trying to see if someone I sold some truck parts to can 3D print a new bezel for me.

Your talk of manual controls has me missing them though and I actually prefer the 5.0/RA2 knobs over the 8.4 knobs/buttons.

If this thing breaks I'll probably try something new myself...

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Brevity is a lost art...

I get what you're saying but that poor soul was new to the thread LOL
I feel like we should give the best possible information we can provide... [emoji6]
Side note OFF TOPIC: why did you choose the HTC U11?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I get what you're saying but that poor soul was new to the thread LOL
I feel like we should give the best possible information we can provide... [emoji6]
Side note OFF TOPIC: why did you choose the HTC U11?

I'm a fan...I started with an M8.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
OK I got my second T-Style alternative today. Much better quality than the last. Had to do some light cutting to fit the double din radio and finished the wiring harness. I will finish up the rest tomorrow since I don't have the mounting screws for the metra adapter. Definitely requires more time to install then the T-Style. Now it's time for some Bourbon.

IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0994.JPG

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious how long some of you waited for an order from Phoenix? Saturday will be 3 weeks since I ordered and I haven't received any tracking info yet. I assume they send you tracking info? Do they ship FedEx or UPS? Does it come directly from China or go to Phoenix is CA first? Just wondering if I might still have another 3 weeks to wait... Thnx!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just curious how long some of you waited for an order from Phoenix? Saturday will be 3 weeks since I ordered and I haven't received any tracking info yet. I assume they send you tracking info? Do they ship FedEx or UPS? Does it come directly from China or go to Phoenix is CA first? Just wondering if I might still have another 3 weeks to wait... Thnx!
Until you contact them the answer to all of your questions is "maybe"...

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking even if I contact Phoenix.... al the answers will still be "maybe..." LOL

I haven't contacted them yet....trying to be patient.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm thinking even if I contact Phoenix.... al the answers will still be "maybe..." LOL

If they answer , one day I called over a hundred times

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn't surprise me... After I ordered, knowing their customer service isn't "great".... I checked out the complaints with them with the BBB (better business bureau) WOW... some people even claimed they never received theirs! WTF

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But, I'm still hoping to just receive a problem free one. I'm sure some of you will get a laugh outta that!

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You ordered that px6 right?
I can pretty much guarantee you that Phoenix took your order and then placed your order to some manufacturer in China..... I seriously doubt Phoenix has any of those new units in stock yet.
Anyways to the point. it's going to be a hell of a long month sir....

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, ordered the PX6 from Phoenix. I'm just hoping it isn't a long 2 months! We'll see.....

You will get it but mine took over 30 days before I got a tracking info , and I got worried at day 20 and called every day until I finally got it .