"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Seems like maybe there's a hold on making these PX6 units... After opening another ticket with Phoenix to check the status of my order, I rec'd this response:

Sorry, it is still not fulfilled. The factory hold on the shippment.

Our purchasing are pushing the factory and advise the updates once available.

Hey @Freddy_5575 when did you order your PX6 unit from Phoenix and how long did it take to get it?

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Phoenix radio PX6 radio, but I have a few problems.

The radio outputs 24hr format time to the dash even though the radio is set to 12hr and displays 12hr format on the radio.

The temperature displays from 113-130 degrees. 113 it puts out cold a/c so the temp controls work, they temp display is just wrong.

I have the included android and Apple CarPlay however Apple CarPlay will not work. I can connect my phone and use it as a hotspot through the USB but CarPlay will not connect.

Just curious your year and model truck ? Mine does similar things with ac temp . Mine is 2015 2500 bighorn .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious your year and model truck ? Mine does similar things with ac temp . Mine is 2015 2500 bighorn .

596e3a2e37d16262b587cd9fa477d275.jpg

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I got up today... Had both an email and text from Phoenix with tracking info... My PX6 shipped from Hong Kong a few hours ago... And, somehow it shows expected delivery for tomorrow, 8/30.

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
According to Joying's own video the intel sc9853i is slightly faster than the PX5. Plus I am missing features as well. It is supposed to have the built-in 4G module, support for subwoofer out, and wireless apple carplay. The PX5 version does not. Oh and I saw a blog post on Joying website about upgrading the board on the PX5 version with more ram and Android 8.1 which makes me believe I may have got a refurbished unit. They don't even offer the PX5 unit with 4GB RAM 64GB ROM. They only have intel units listed. We will see what replacement I get from Amazon. Luckily I don't have to send this unit back until after I receive the new one so I can reuse the connections and should be a quick swap.

Side note: My wife told me to give up on the radio already and that it would be easier to buy a new truck! I said NO! (Never give up. Never surrender!)

I wish my wife said that to me. She told me instead to have no radio at all! LoL

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I received my replacement Joying unit from Amazon. The first one was obviously a return because this one was packaged differently. The Intel version is awesome. The radio takes one second to load and everything just works. Including the built in Carplay.

I can confirm that the Joying 10.1 inch screens are a great alternative to the T-Style Radios without the climate controls obviously. Slightly cheaper even after purchasing the radio and all the adapters.

If anyone goes this route I am happy to give more details of the specific radio, adapters, and settings I charged to dial it in. Here is a night shot of the radio. I'm using car launcher AG because their stock launcher sucks. 330283ce13f1e2cc290b7ab2833431d6.jpg

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did your install go?

Install wasn't bad... It might have been slightly easier if I still had the stock radio. A few years ago, I installed a Pioneer double din unit, so I had to disconnect that harness and kinda get everything back to stock. And, all of the factory harness' are so short, it's a little difficult plugging everything in to the new unit. But, overall it wasn't bad.

I didn't have a lot of time yesterday to mess with everything, but so far....all of these things work correctly:

A/C and fan controls work perfect
Temperature was already set to Fahrenheit
"door open" indicators work
Built-in mic for Bluetooth calling works....sound quality is decent

I haven't even went into the settings yet to see if Ram Low, Mid or High is selected.... everything just worked so far. Literally, the only change I made so far was changing the time from AM to PM.

I'll mess with it more today, but so far, I really like it!

install1.JPG

install2.JPG

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I received my replacement Joying unit from Amazon. The first one was obviously a return because this one was packaged differently. The Intel version is awesome. The radio takes one second to load and everything just works. Including the built in Carplay.

I can confirm that the Joying 10.1 inch screens are a great alternative to the T-Style Radios without the climate controls obviously. Slightly cheaper even after purchasing the radio and all the adapters.

If anyone goes this route I am happy to give more details of the specific radio, adapters, and settings I charged to dial it in. Here is a night shot of the radio. I'm using car launcher AG because their stock launcher sucks. 330283ce13f1e2cc290b7ab2833431d6.jpg

Are the physical buttons able to have their color changed?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Are the physical buttons able to have their color changed?

Yeah. The previous px5 unit allowed any color by adjusting RGB but the Intel firmware only allows 8 pre-defined colors to be chosen or you can have them cycle through all colors.

Brhodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Jonathan Millet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a supposed PX3 Android 7.1 in a 2018 Ram 1500 and the backup camera never worked by putting it into reverse, only by selecting camera manually. Anyone else have this problem? Also, are the new PX6 really running Android 8.1, or is it fake?

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a supposed PX3 Android 7.1 in a 2018 Ram 1500 and the backup camera never worked by putting it into reverse, only by selecting camera manually. Anyone else have this problem? Also, are the new PX6 really running Android 8.1, or is it fake?

I had this issue on my 2015 ram 2500 bighorn , I ended up running a wire from reverse trailer light in fuse panel to the red camera wire on back of radio which turns it on when you put in reverse .
Other option was to run wire clear back to trailer wiring harness .

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Uh ohhhh…..seems like there's a problem with my new PX6 already! I installed it late Saturday and everything seemed fine. Then yesterday morning when I started the truck, the unit was trying to boot up and went from the photo of the truck screen to the "android" screen, then back to the truck screen. It then went black and them to the photo of the truck screen a couple more times....then black. I shut the truck off, opened the drivers door and closed it....waited about 20 seconds and restarted the truck. It booted up fine that time and worked fine the rest of the day. So....today I start the truck and the identical thing happened. Any suggestions ? Looks like I'll be contacting Phoenix.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Uh ohhhh…..seems like there's a problem with my new PX6 already! I installed it late Saturday and everything seemed fine. Then yesterday morning when I started the truck, the unit was trying to boot up and went from the photo of the truck screen to the "android" screen, then back to the truck screen. It then went black and them to the photo of the truck screen a couple more times....then black. I shut the truck off, opened the drivers door and closed it....waited about 20 seconds and restarted the truck. It booted up fine that time and worked fine the rest of the day. So....today I start the truck and the identical thing happened. Any suggestions ? Looks like I'll be contacting Phoenix.
It's failing to load Android when you see that. I would try to reflash the stock firmware but I don't think that will fix it (in fact I think it will brick) but at least you'll have a solid reason to return it.