"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Touche', the same unit heads is what made me question the site. It's the same on the Alibaba app. I'll sit down tomorrow and try to figure it out. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You can also buy a refurb unit (phoenix) and save some money, I did this after owning 2 new ones that were sent directly from China (Rhino) and had to retun them due to serious software and hardware issues. Is the only unit that has been a true plug and play for me, where everything has worked with no issues so far (almost 2 months of owning it). It has the same warranty as the new ones and at least these are checked before they are sent.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's an update on my almost week old PX6 from Phoenix... It had boot up problems the first two days after installing it. It would try a few times and them just go to a black screen. It only did it on the first start up each morning...then would work fine all day. I put a ticket in with Phoenix explaining what it was doing and they responded saying they need me to send a video. I haven't been using the truck this week to go to work, but I did start it every night.... it hasn't done it again, so I can't send them a video yet. Not sure if that's good or bad.

The "built-in" Android Auto I upgraded to hasn't worked yet. It brings me to a screen asking for an authorization code. I sent pics of the screen to Phoenix with the image that said needed to be scanned, who sent it to the techs in China. They responded and said it was now activated and should work. But, still no luck. I sent them a video tonight of it not working.

Other little issues.... Clock keeps going to AM and temp on unit (once I enabled it) is set to Celsius. Every time I change it to Fahrenheit and re-start, it's back to Celsius.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's an update on my almost week old PX6 from Phoenix... It had boot up problems the first two days after installing it. It would try a few times and them just go to a black screen. It only did it on the first start up each morning...then would work fine all day. I put a ticket in with Phoenix explaining what it was doing and they responded saying they need me to send a video. I haven't been using the truck this week to go to work, but I did start it every night.... it hasn't done it again, so I can't send them a video yet. Not sure if that's good or bad.

The "built-in" Android Auto I upgraded to hasn't worked yet. It brings me to a screen asking for an authorization code. I sent pics of the screen to Phoenix with the image that said needed to be scanned, who sent it to the techs in China. They responded and said it was now activated and should work. But, still no luck. I sent them a video tonight of it not working.

Other little issues.... Clock keeps going to AM and temp on unit (once I enabled it) is set to Celsius. Every time I change it to Fahrenheit and re-start, it's back to Celsius.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Terry2014RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After using it for a couple of weeks, I will actually return this unit and maybe look for other options or perhaps just go back to my original stereo.

It just doesn't feel like a mature product. It is slow and often buggy. It's great to be able to have android and all the apps possibilities and getting rid of restrictions such as not being able to input an address in the GPS while driving, however, I think it is not worth it. For me, not being able to fader to the rear and front speakers in my car it is just unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

I just received my unit from Phoenix it is a PX6 edition and you are able to fade to front rear and left and right.

Terry2014RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I am looking for the awesome RAM badge boot logo some of you are using. Anyone want to share the file? I just got the new PX6 radio from Phoenix.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your logo is awesome! Thanks to both of you for sending!
Thank you Sir, I made it myself. Just like everything I do on my channel I do it all myself. Working on a website now.....

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep us posted when you get a website up and running... Your youtube videos are great! Speaking of them, did you do one your steering wheel audio controls install?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep us posted when you get a website up and running... Your youtube videos are great! Speaking of them, did you do one your steering wheel audio controls install?
No, because I actually installed that before I even started doing this YouTube thing. I've got so many requests about it, I definitely need to just revisit it and make a video. It's actually super easy to do, but I totally understand how It could be super intimidating. I mean if you don't do it right and that airbag pops off in your face, you are done!!! LOL [emoji23]

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do. I'm having to teach myself from scratch so....

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sent Phoenix a 3 minute and 20 second video of my week old PX6 trying to boot up. That's when I stopped taking the video. It never did boot up til I shut the truck off and re-started it. Waiting for Phoenix to respond....

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sent Phoenix a 3 minute and 20 second video of my week old PX6 trying to boot up. That's when I stopped taking the video. It never did boot up til I shut the truck off and re-started it. Waiting for Phoenix to respond....

I’ve been waiting on a reply since May good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk