Texture on different Line-X types?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hakhazar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do all of the Line-X versions (standard, premium, platinum, xtra) have the same sort of sandpaper surface feel? My old Ram had a Rhino liner in the bed and I liked the way it felt and performed, but there isn't a Rhino installer nearby any more. I had the rear bumper coated with Line-X (after the rust hit) and I wouldn't want the whole bed to be that abrasive. I'm hoping that at last one of them will have the slightly softer feel to it.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
I’m pretty sure the stuff they spray on the outside of cars as a body coat is quite a bit more smooth, I bet if you called them or dropped in they have samples you could feel.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Can LINE-X be smooth?

d9GcT_8t-Z7jxrsiagGtu49MA4kj3zv-PZhuGbNIJFsBL2NQ&s.jpg

LINE-X ULTRA can be sprayed in any color and is also aliphatic which means it is inherently UV stable and resistant to fading. Other unique properties include: Sprayed with a smooth, slightly textured finish.

Specialty Automotive - Total Vehicle Protection - LINE-X ...​

https://linexgr.com › specialty-automotive

SCRATCHES & DOOR DINGS. UV PROTECTION. CONSISTENT SURFACE, NO SEAMS OR GAPS. COLOR OPTIONS & CUSTOM PIGMENTS AVAILABLE. HEAVY- AND FINE- TEXTURE FINISHES ...
May 6, 2019 · U

1641012714552.png

1641012963084.png

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
They "can" spray it on smoother, just let them know and they will spray it either with less psi for a more gritty feel or higher PSI for a more smoother feel ... you can also reduce it but they will do all that at their shops ....