The future looks pretty sad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I can't imagine owning a $h!tt¥ electric car. Tuning it would be ret@rded lol. Could probly figure it out but I'd likely cause a fire asking too much of the battery. Miles to empty would be broken.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I lived in Colorado, we would go to Bandimere called Thunder Mountain for NHRA, Mile high nationals the only racing I enjoy, would go for the 3 day event for funny cars and rail cars, at the end they would have the jet fuel cars, the flames and sound like nothing I've experienced, we would go back in the pits for the funny cars and would wait for them to fire them up, the smell of Nitro Methane is like no other, we would be High from the smell when we went back into the stands, watched most of John Force racing, now his daughter is following in his footsteps.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
US Gov't wants to control where & how we go anywhere

They tried hard when the made the USA Speed Limit 55 MPH & they came real close to rioting.

Now they are forcing EVs on us, so they are controlling the distance that we can travel.

As was mentioned, they want every new vehicle to have a type of breathalyzer, that would be OK for most Tea Totalers, but if some Tea Totalers were to eat 2 slices of White Bread, they could fail those hand held breathalyzers that the Police carry.

By the way, on today's TV News, they are talking about installing Speed Limit Controllers in all Brand New vehicles

The National Transportation Safety Board issued a recommendation last month that all new vehicles come with speed reduction technologies installed. Some drivers support the idea, but others have privacy concerns.
Dec 1, 2023

They will no longer need police on Highways.
They will only need accident investigators

Last edited:

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
To NHTSA:

• Require ISA systems that, at a minimum, warn a driver a vehicle is speeding.

When I lived in Qatar, vehicles had to have that. It was a dinging alarm once you exceeded the highest speed limit in the country by about 5km/hr or so. It had the effect of making you turn the radio up to speed.

There was zero traffic enforcement in the country, the police believed it was "beneath them" to do so. Crashes were frequent and spectacular. Not just car on car. A convertible Mustang taking out a camel is a bad time for everyone involved.

They put crashed cars and motorcycles on pedestals along the road to remind you of the risks. Nobody cared. There was no risk of a traffic ticket, insurance was the same cost no matter what (gov't funded it), and gas was the equivalent of 29 cents a gallon. Why *not* speed? Until you hit a camel, anyway.

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
When I lived in Qatar, vehicles had to have that. It was a dinging alarm once you exceeded the highest speed limit in the country by about 5km/hr or so. It had the effect of making you turn the radio up to speed.

There was zero traffic enforcement in the country, the police believed it was "beneath them" to do so. Crashes were frequent and spectacular. Not just car on car. A convertible Mustang taking out a camel is a bad time for everyone involved.

They put crashed cars and motorcycles on pedestals along the road to remind you of the risks. Nobody cared. There was no risk of a traffic ticket, insurance was the same cost no matter what (gov't funded it), and gas was the equivalent of 29 cents a gallon. Why *not* speed? Until you hit a camel, anyway.
I habe my truck gps set to 20 over. She just gets told to shut up more than me listening to it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I must be getting old, i speed, but i try to hold the speed to less than 10MPH over the speed limit.

At 10 over, it is Reckless Driving & i can't afford to get one of those.
Most times i drive at 3 MPH over the Speed Limit, most State Police with a radar gun, don't even look at you for 3 mph over

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I must be getting old, i speed, but i try to hold the speed to less than 10MPH over the speed limit.

Most times i drive at 3 MPH over the Speed Limit, most State Police with a radar gun, don't even look at you for 3 mph over
Up here the police are more worried about crackheads and crime than traffic infractions. It's wonderful. I drove 45 mins today and seen 3 vehicles, love the great white north.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I use to watch ICE ROAD TRUCKERS every week.
They hardly ever show the Pilot Cars that are guiding them or following them.
I was a Pilot Car until a couple of years ago, but not in Colder Climates.
I would never sign up to do that up in that part of the world

I would not have thought about crime up your way !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I use to watch ICE ROAD TRUCKERS every week.
They hardly ever show the Pilot Cars that are guiding them or following them.
I was a Pilot Car until a couple of years ago, but not in Colder Climates.
I would never sign up to do that up in that part of the world
It was - 31°c here today.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
YIKES !

There is a bit of snow about 50 miles away from me, at an altitude of 4,200 feet & there is a slight breeze blowing this way, at 800 feet & i am too cold right now !!

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
YIKES !

There is a bit of snow about 50 miles away from me, at an altitude of 4,200 feet & there is a slight breeze blowing this way, at 800 feet & i am too cold right now !!
I'm definately not complaining. We Havnt hit - 50 yet. I kind of like the cold. No bugs, no humidity. As long as I can keep my feet warm I'm usually good, it was lined hoodie weather today. If you're ever looking for a good warm sweater for the cold I reccomend fox sasquatch hoodies!

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

10 over is par for the course here. Our state legislature is considering raising the speed limits.

I get it varies state to state, but for us reckless driving requires two different violations (ie, unsafe lane changes added in to the mix) and there's no set speed where it becomes reckless. Fines are a sliding scale, though.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No set speed ref reckless in TX. But if u know yer stuff not hard to make reckless a night in da caboose lol. Just got to articulate why speed reckless due to contributing factors hopefully not accident.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My last ticket was picked up in Tennessee, east of Knoxville, but west of Bristol.
I can't find the name of the town, i have stayed there a couple of times, i get there around the time that restaurants close at night.
The town does not even have a coffee shop & the big motel that i stayed in did not have any coffee or even a continental breakfast, the desk guy said that he could make a pot, but i was in a rush & did not want to wait. i asked where a coffee shop was & he said that it was 40 miles away, i was disappointed & not thinking straight.
When i finally found my way to I-40, i was on a On Ramp & saw a line of semis & i had to merge, they were all climbing a fair sized hill. After i had merged, i saw more semis in the number 1 Lane & there was a hole for me to fit in.
I merged & after a bit, there was a large hole to fit in & i went for it.
That is when a Tennessee Trooper was parked on the right shoulder, well i was doing just over 10 mph over the speed limit, just trying to get in front of all the semis, they were doing about 40 mph up that hill.
The Trooper hit his lights & i pulled over, i had my Papers ready & my hands, actually my wrists resting on the top of the steering wheel.
He asked why i was such a hurry, i said that i was caught in a bunch of semi trucks & needed coffee.
He said he saw that i had a Commercial Drivers License & that i was doing 10 mph over.
He said that a Reckless ticket would hurt my CDL Record,
Then he said that i may have noticed all of the signs that read that the NasCar race was coming up, i had not seen any of the signs, because i had just entered the highway, & that i should take it easy, they had Traffic Officers from Virginia & other States on duty for traffic control.
He actually dropped my ticket down to 6 mph over the speed limit.
Then he told me to enjoy my vacation.
I had to thank him & told him that i appreciated what he did by lowering the speed & to have a nice day.
Then i asked him where i could get a cup or 2 of coffee :)

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
My last ticket was picked up in Tennessee, east of Knoxville, but west of Bristol.
I can't find the name of the town, i have stayed there a couple of times, i get there around the time that restaurants close at night.
The town does not even have a coffee shop & the big motel that i stayed in did not have any coffee or even a continental breakfast, the desk guy said that he could make a pot, but i was in a rush & did not want to wait. i asked where a coffee shop was & he said that it was 40 miles away, i was disappointed & not thinking straight.
When i finally found my way to I-40, i was on a On Ramp & saw a line of semis & i had to merge, they were all climbing a fair sized hill. After i had merged, i saw more semis in the number 1 Lane & there was a hole for me to fit in.
I merged & after a bit, there was a large hole to fit in & i went for it.
That is when a Tennessee Trooper was parked on the right shoulder, well i was doing just over 10 mph over the speed limit, just trying to get in front of all the semis, they were doing about 40 mph up that hill.
The Trooper hit his lights & i pulled over, i had my Papers ready & my hands, actually my wrists resting on the top of the steering wheel.
He asked why i was such a hurry, i said that i was caught in a bunch of semi trucks & needed coffee.
He said he saw that i had a Commercial Drivers License & that i was doing 10 mph over.
He said that a Reckless ticket would hurt my CDL Record,
Then he said that i may have noticed all of the signs that read that the NasCar race was coming up, i had not seen any of the signs, because i had just entered the highway, & that i should take it easy, they had Traffic Officers from Virginia & other States on duty for traffic control.
He actually dropped my ticket down to 6 mph over the speed limit.
Then he told me to enjoy my vacation.
I had to thank him & told him that i appreciated what he did by lowering the speed & to have a nice day.
Then i asked him where i could get a cup or 2 of coffee :)
I think my fastest I got pulled over was at 193kmh something like 120mph, it was 3 am I was out with my girlfriend and was flying home which 45 mins ouda town to get my work truck and go to work at 6 am. (smart I know) the radar detector went beep but never really went off so I kept the hammer down I tipped a little dip in the road and the bigger was down there waiting for me. At this time it was a brand new 2013 Duramax with a 12 inch cognito lift and 40s on it. He walked up looked up at me his head about door handle height and said boy why are you in such a rush. So I explained to him. He said well I'm going to conduct a search of your vehicle as you seem to be in a hurry to get nowhere. He dug around flipped the seats up did his thing and then came back to me who was now sitting in the back of his car and said ok youve got a nice truck and you're Clean slow down and if I ever see you going this fast again I'm impounding you. And he let me off!!
I drove the speed limit the whole week and invested in a better radar detector :laughing1:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
View attachment 536740
I'm not sure on the source or how true it is too lazy to look today, but I'm sure of some accuracy. Green is the future bahahaha

If clean air was the real goal, a two year old could do a better job at accomplishing it then a gov't can? I mean having everything we consume made across the world and transported with the dirtiest fuel possible IE container ship fuel, and in a country that has publicly said they will not work with the west at all on carbon burning and has such poor air in it's cities it reminds you of 1970's LA, but we are the problem? A two year old would have better policies then we do.

The sadest part of this, regulations are so bad in a report this week the USA. Look at places banning solar, like um the dessert in CA, lol?

They force conservation with everything except spending, lol. As in their spending. Which is a circle from all labor and carbon used to achieve it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Solar Farms can be hidden by Fencing, but they are still not pretty, mostly they are placed on land that has not been used for agricultural usage for years, to due lack of Water.

No one wants a Wind Turbine Farm within site.
Ask people that live in Massachusetts, around Cape May
That Wind Farm was agreed to, IF it could not be seen by Land Owners, They now have an UGLY View

Take the valley just north of Palm Springs California, the valley forms a Wind Tunnel
It is Owned or Leased to a Canadian Company
Toronto-based Brookfield Renewable Energy

1707124257800.png
1707124324989.png
watch this, i have driven through this area way to often, it is not pretty

In some areas, they have very old Wind Turbines among the newer turbines, they just add to the ugliness
they do not function
1707125124205.png

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If clean air was the real goal, a two year old could do a better job at accomplishing it then a gov't can? I mean having everything we consume made across the world and transported with the dirtiest fuel possible IE container ship fuel, and in a country that has publicly said they will not work with the west at all on carbon burning and has such poor air in it's cities it reminds you of 1970's LA, but we are the problem? A two year old would have better policies then we do.

The sadest part of this, regulations are so bad in a report this week the USA. Look at places banning solar, like um the dessert in CA, lol?

They force conservation with everything except spending, lol. As in their spending. Which is a circle from all labor and carbon used to achieve it.

I read an article about a year's long effort for a farmer couple in their 60s attempted to install a decent, bit not obnoxious solar farm on part of their 1200 acres. Word got out and objections came out of the woodwork. Now new regulations around them require miles of setbacks, all kinds of things that just make it impossible. Good thing electricity grows on trees somewhere else for these communities.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Solar Farms can be hidden by Fencing, but they are still not pretty, mostly they are placed on land that has not been used for agricultural usage for years, to due lack of Water.

No one wants a Wind Turbine Farm within site.
Ask people that live in Massachusetts, around Cape May
That Wind Farm was agreed to, IF it could not be seen by Land Owners, They now have an UGLY View

Take the valley just north of Palm Springs California, the valley forms a Wind Tunnel
It is Owned or Leased to a Canadian Company
Toronto-based Brookfield Renewable Energy

View attachment 536876
View attachment 536877
watch this, i have driven through this area way to often, it is not pretty

In some areas, they have very old Wind Turbines among the newer turbines, they just add to the ugliness
they do not function
View attachment 536878
Whatever it takes to keep my tv on cheaply is what I'm for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357