They just keep breaking in....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
Thieves keep breaking in, via the rear sliding window in my 1998 Ram 1500. What have you done to secure it, alarm it? My factory alarm does not cover this window. Extremely frustrating.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Put a bear trap in your bed and cover it with tree leafs.
Get a shock sensor hooked up to your alarm.
Get a camera system to catch the ********.
Sit on your roof with a salt shot. < they hurt bad! Don’t ask how I know. Lol.

Really though, just keep your valuable stuff out.

RAMbunktious98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Thieves keep breaking in, via the rear sliding window in my 1998 Ram 1500. What have you done to secure it, alarm it? My factory alarm does not cover this window. Extremely frustrating.
I'm not a fan of the rear sliding window. I would replace it for a solid. Install a 2 way viper alarm with a GPS tracker. Especially after some coward left this note on my truck a few months back.
af5b57afda747b1c19d5eca972dd5c95.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not a fan of the rear sliding window. I would replace it for a solid. Install a 2 way viper alarm with a GPS tracker. Especially after some coward left this note on my truck a few months back.

Having a 6 month old baby, I can see where this guy was coming from. I’ve had a few chats worth with the youths in my neighborhood, we’re all on the same page now. I love a loud exhaust but I’m also considerate. Wait was that my note? No I would have left my address for a follow up session.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine

Lmao. To be fair I’d have the same words to say also. But they’d be in person. Don’t wake the sleeping kiddos :boxing: we’d then shake hands and go on about our day

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bear boards/unwelcome mats like they use up in Alaska in the bed and covered up. Make sure you use screws one inch apart and that they’re sticking up at least a couple inches so they should penetrate the bottom of most shoes. You could sharpen the ends too just for good measure. Thieves that are over the age of 13 really should be shot on sight but they make such a big stink out of that kind of stuff nowadays it really ain’t worth the trouble. Good luck!

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na

From the note, about speeding with kids in the yards, I'd **** that **** up sooo slow you'd think it was manufactured defect.

RAMbunktious98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Having a 6 month old baby, I can see where this guy was coming from. I’ve had a few chats worth with the youths in my neighborhood, we’re all on the same page now. I love a loud exhaust but I’m also considerate. Wait was that my note? No I would have left my address for a follow up session.
My point exactly. I'm considerate also. If someone has a concern just come forward and tell me directly. And to threaten to do something to my truck well that would just **** me off and my truck will get louder and faster. I'm not the only loud exhaust in the neighborhood. Plus we live close to a military airport. So leaving notes here is useless.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3 things ive learned from this thread.

Dont break into a back window you might find a bear trap :D

Second someone in this forum has hairy toes lol

Third, My new neighbors might hate my cold start

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine

Lol, what was the first warning? A hard look lol, I’d go door to door and have a talk.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm surprised no one has mentioned using my personal favorite - air bags.

All jokes aside - With todays goofy legal system you really have to be careful using booby traps to protect a vehicle. After repeatedly having fuel stolen years ago I rigged up a mouse trap by tightening the spring and TIG welding a razor blade across the striker and set it behind the fuel door. End result was a ****** car, a 17 yr old kid with severely cut fingers and far more money spent in legal fees than I had lost in fuel. While you can get pretty creative protecting an occupied dwelling, the law takes a dim view on creating injuries protecting property.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine

All jokes aside - With todays goofy legal system you really have to be careful using booby traps to protect a vehicle. After repeatedly having fuel stolen years ago I rigged up a mouse trap by tightening the spring and TIG welding a razor blade across the striker and set it behind the fuel door. End result was a ****** car, a 17 yr old kid with severely cut fingers and far more money spent in legal fees than I had lost in fuel. While you can get pretty creative protecting an occupied dwelling, the law takes a dim view on creating injuries protecting property.
That’s when they disappear lol.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

But he will never EVER, forget that experience.