Thinking of buying a 2014 EcoDiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Weaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I am considering buying a 2014 Ram Ecodiesel with around 165k miles. I am somewhat aware of the typical issues with the ecodiesel, but I'm curious how they hold up with higher milage. Any advice?

Anything special I should be aware of or look at? I am a capable mechanic and I'm very familiar with diesels. And I do most of my own maintenance.

Also, I plan to pull a 20-25 ft bumper pull RV with it. It should be under the official weight limit. Any thoughts on how the 3.0 handles towing?

Thanks
Drw

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Keep the total weight of your trailer under 8,000 lbs and use a WDH and maybe a sway control if it's around 5,000 or more and that truck will work just fine. Some will say that at that mileage you're passed the *danger zone* of the "typical" EcoDiesel failures. And maybe you are. Problem is at that mileage you're looking at a crapshoot for longevity on ANY engine/vehicle. My advice is if it checks out to be mechanically sound(as much as can be inspected anyway), you like how it drives and you're comfortable with the price do it. If any of the above 3 criteria aren't met, walk away.