This ram had only one job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here I thought Jesus was the only Perfect Person and the rest of us were flawed, by definition.
See I have been wrong, all these years. Who knew flawless Perfection, in all Things, was so common?

On a far more realistic note, I see new Candidates for the Ignore this Idiot Feature.

WHAT??

PS.
That Ignore feature is practically Magical.
Simply start to text a name, the name pops up and click the "yeah, remove this goofy idiot from my life, forever" button and ****, they are gone.

Shortens threads too.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
OK-hopefully his son will not drive after 36hrs of work-as a former truck driver for SHELL I would not only lose my job but be charged for impaired -dont make light of the situation-and no i am not perfect-I may have forgotten to signal a lane change 3yrs ago!!! It is obvious from the pics that the ram veered into the center line and hit the jeep!! Dont f-ing preech to me!!!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here I thought Jesus was the only Perfect Person and the rest of us were flawed, by definition.
See I have been wrong, all these years. Who knew flawless Perfection, in all Things, was so common?

On a far more realistic note, I see new Candidates for the Ignore this Idiot Feature.

WHO?
PS.
That Ignore feature is practically Magical.
Simply start to text a name, the name pops up and click the "yeah, remove this goofy idiot from my life, forever" button and ****, they are gone.

Shortens threads too.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Has the adjuster determined whether the truck is fixable yet ?

OP
OP
Jendsley06

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tomb, the one job of the truck at that point was to protect the occupants. While the Jeep also had the same job as well. I believe that was I. The original post. That was the point. I understand the consequences of driving impaired. My son now understands it better than before. He is an adult, and makes his own choices. I can only advise at this point. I am proud of him. Not of all of his choices, including his driving habits sometimes, but that wasn't the point of the post. I saw another new post today asking about durability, etc of these trucks in a collision. This an example of how they protect and hold up in a collision. He was definitely in the wrong. He drove when he was sleepy, and unfortunately that happens to people. And as for the CDL people out there, I understand that your rules are strict. They should be for people who are professional and driving that many hours per day, week, and year. There are far too many "professional" truck drivers out there causing accidents. I live very close to a stretch of interstate that sees an average of one major wreck a week from truck drivers not being safe behind the wheel. Most are, so don't attack me for that, but it does happen. That is why the modern vehicles are engineered to act like they do under these circumstances. Which again goes back to my original post. None of us is perfect. As I have seen stated before. If so, the modern vehicle would not need the safety features they all have.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jendsley06

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has the adjuster determined whether the truck is fixable yet ?
Huntergreen, he was dealing with the adjuster today on the phone, and it is official, yes it is a total loss. Progressive was the insurance for both vehicles, and what I heard of the conversation, they have been extremely good to deal with. Only complaint was that they took a couple of days to get the vehicle examined, and that was the fault of the two or three days of ugly weather we had here, so no real reason to complain there.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Huntergreen, he was dealing with the adjuster today on the phone, and it is official, yes it is a total loss. Progressive was the insurance for both vehicles, and what I heard of the conversation, they have been extremely good to deal with. Only complaint was that they took a couple of days to get the vehicle examined, and that was the fault of the two or three days of ugly weather we had here, so no real reason to complain there.

Thanks for this.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Tomb, the one job of the truck at that point was to protect the occupants. While the Jeep also had the same job as well. I believe that was I. The original post. That was the point. I understand the consequences of driving impaired. My son now understands it better than before. He is an adult, and makes his own choices. I can only advise at this point. I am proud of him. Not of all of his choices, including his driving habits sometimes, but that wasn't the point of the post. I saw another new post today asking about durability, etc of these trucks in a collision. This an example of how they protect and hold up in a collision. He was definitely in the wrong. He drove when he was sleepy, and unfortunately that happens to people. And as for the CDL people out there, I understand that your rules are strict. They should be for people who are professional and driving that many hours per day, week, and year. There are far too many "professional" truck drivers out there causing accidents. I live very close to a stretch of interstate that sees an average of one major wreck a week from truck drivers not being safe behind the wheel. Most are, so don't attack me for that, but it does happen. That is why the modern vehicles are engineered to act like they do under these circumstances. Which again goes back to my original post. None of us is perfect. As I have seen stated before. If so, the modern vehicle would not need the safety features they all have.

OK Jendsley--I didnt mean to offend --yes the Ram can be safer in a collision due mainly because its size-weight and airbags--I was surprised that a jeep would be comparable actually. If either were to hit a compact car it would be game over for them. I understand now that your son understands the ramifications of driving after working 36hrs can be fatal. Like everyone on this site I am happy all is good-other than needing new vehicles. Actually the jeep looked OK which surprised me. No hard feelings on my side Bro!

OP
OP
Jendsley06

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK Jendsley--I didnt mean to offend --yes the Ram can be safer in a collision due mainly because its size-weight and airbags--I was surprised that a jeep would be comparable actually. If either were to hit a compact car it would be game over for them. I understand now that your son understands the ramifications of driving after working 36hrs can be fatal. Like everyone on this site I am happy all is good-other than needing new vehicles. Actually the jeep looked OK which surprised me. No hard feelings on my side Bro!
No prob tomb. I just don't like negativity and controversy. And as for the Jeep, insurance told my son yesterday that as of initial inspection it was repairable. No airbags deployed for one, but I guess the front axle is broken and detached, and insurance needed to do further investigation anyway, so it may yet be. No new vehicle for him. He loved everything about the ram, but wants to use this opportunity to trade down for a lower payment at least for now. Thanks everyone for staying positive and encouraging. No need for controversy and strife on here, just a bunch of people with something in common.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Chuck, Thanks for your well wishes, but I didn't get fired when the drunk chick ran into the side of my set.

I have a 7 figure portfolio to fall back on, as well as a pention coming, when I decide to hang it up.

It's late. I'm going to bed so I'll be well rested for my shift tomorrow.