Throttle response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaRam2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to the Forum
I have just purchased a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 5.7 I have a bad throttle lag really noticeable going up hill. I have replaced the plugs coil packs crank sensor cam sensor air sensor and the last thing I did was a throttle controller I still have the lag going up hill. I replaced everything with OEM parts. Could it be the throttle body it self. Any help appreciated. I m at a loss of what to try next.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Throttle body might be dirty, cleaning can’t hurt. If cleaning doesn’t help, might want to try the pedal commander. I hear it helps, but don’t have one myself.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how man miles on the truck?

Could be throttle body, cats, etc....

If you want a throttle response controller let me know. We offer the Banks Pedal Monster and Pedal Commander, the 2 top choices!

OP
OP
WaRam2012

WaRam2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 15000,000 I have already put a throttle controller on it it does seem fine on rolling hills but anything with a pretty good grade is where it is really noticeable you have to press on the throttle pretty good to get acceleration I have cleans the throttle body
Thanks for responding