Tire burnout gunk cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeanTroot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l Cummins
Anyone have good recommendations for removing the gunk and residue left over on the underside of fenders and such after burnouts?

Thanks

-Troot

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Anyone have good recommendations for removing the gunk and residue left over on the underside of fenders and such after burnouts?

Thanks

-Troot
If you have not found a good way to remove the burnout rubber, I have a few suggestions.

I use several different ways to remove burnout rubber from the quarter panels and bed sides. Normally, for the first step, I use diesel in a spray bottle. I spray it on the rubber and let it soak. Once it has soaked for about 10 minutes I wipe off whatever I can and most of the time it leaves very little rubber on the paint. It all depends on how hot the tires were during the burnout.

If any rubber or asphalt is still on the paint I use some B-12 Chemtool on a towel and with a little elbow grease it all comes off.

Once I have the paint clean I put down a heavy coat of wax on the lower section of the bed. It aids in rubber removal in the future. When I lay down a heavy coat of wax I use a Mother's Power-Ball for each coat. It makes the paint nice and slippery.

I also use the Goof-Off aerosol spray. It does work but I find I have to use more of it to do the same job.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Next time you go burning off them tires, spray the inside of the fender liners and the lower portion of your rear quarter panel with cooking spray. It comes off easy and leaves no residue behind.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Next time you go burning off them tires, spray the inside of the fender liners and the lower portion of your rear quarter panel with cooking spray. It comes off easy and leaves no residue behind.

I keep a spray bomb of Pam cooking oil in both the car and truck for track days,does make clean up at the car wash the next day easier,lol. WD-40 also works for removing rubber/tar off the sides