Tire prices!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
A few months ago I started looking at getting a new set of falken wildpeak at3 tires and was just milking a few more miles out of my current set that’s getting pretty warn out. Walmart has the cheapest prices and free delivery so that is my go to for shopping for tires. I check the usual as well, discount tire direct, tire rack etc... so the 275/60/20’s were going for $149 each. Great price. Then when I’m getting ready to buy, I check again and not 2-3 months later they came up at $179. So I wait a few weeks trying to see if I can find a better price shopping around and then they are now up to $198! $50 jump in a few months time! It is still a better price than most places for same tire but jeesh that a big jump. Anyone have any inside knowledge if the tire prices might be dropping any time soon as fast as they went up? What drives the prices of tires?

sorry for my rant but could use that extra $200 for something else :D

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The price increase is due to the fact they know folks will start to drive a lot more and will be in need of necessities to do so. Sadly that’s how things go and it’s one of those things when you see what you consider a deal, it’s best to jump on it. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Why not screw your fellow man when you can... Frankly I think it sucks and didn't expect it from tires... I need mine real soon too, deff before winter.
Business is business... the end

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have been seeing prices go up and availability go down for the past 3 months, it is all supply and demand. The prices will go back down eventually but doesn't help if you need them now.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It's a flip of the coin. You waited and now the prices went up. If you had jumped on the deal the price may have gone down some more. Then you would be kicking yourself for not waiting. :doh2:

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Search online until you find the cheapest price. Then head over to discount tire and submit the link to their price match. They are quick about responding and matching the cheapest price you can find. Did that on my last set. Saved almost $50 per tire and got the great service from Discount tire.

nowukno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just bought a set of stock size 275/60/20 cooper at3 4s for $823 plus tax and a $70 mail in rebate coming too. Thought it was a good deal.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Just replaced my Michelin Defender LTX's from 2018. In 2018 they were $253 each and last week they were $268 each. Seems like a reasonable increase in 2 years.

EDIT: They had a $70 rebate so actually they were the same price I paid 2 years ago.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Search online until you find the cheapest price. Then head over to discount tire and submit the link to their price match. They are quick about responding and matching the cheapest price you can find. Did that on my last set. Saved almost $50 per tire and got the great service from Discount tire.
This ^, Americas Tires can match any price, plus you can get certs, and you get lifetime rotation and balance. i've been buying tires from the same store for years and i get even better discounts sometimes than those posted online.

To the OP, you may need to wait longer. Walmart does this all the time, they may have another round of good prices for July 4th

DURASPANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had discount tire. Put 4 cooper srx on sons 2wd ram. Just over a grand with road hazard. He works at a golf course and uses some iffy boat ramps at times. LoL

OP
OP
duckman631

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
This ^, Americas Tires can match any price, plus you can get certs, and you get lifetime rotation and balance. i've been buying tires from the same store for years and i get even better discounts sometimes than those posted online.

To the OP, you may need to wait longer. Walmart does this all the time, they may have another round of good prices for July 4th

So as I’m watching the price on Walmart.com, today they had a roll back from $198 to $159. I put 8 in my cart for both of our rams. I deleted the cart since I’m away and might not be home for delivery and figured I would order in a couple days when I’m back.. I went back on the site about an hour later figuring I’ll just order now and the price now jumped up to $202. Un friggin real.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Watch Walmart for selling old tires. I recently bought 4 for my 5th wheel and the date codes were over 18 months old.... sent them back. I suppose it's not as big of an issue with truck tires if you're going to use them up within a few years but with RVs time is more an issue than tread life so I don't want to start out 18 months old already.

I agree America's Tire is a great place - competitive prices and great service. That's where I ended up getting my 5th wheel tires and two other vehicles recently. Take advantage of their price match. They matched on the Walmart tires I sent back so I paid the same. I just emailed them a sceen shot of the Walmart price and within a few hours I had an approval to match at $40 less per tire. $120 each down to $80 each.

Hammer22801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought 4 new tires. I wanted a 34” tire but I didn’t want an MT tire.

I wanted one that handles rain (louisiana) good.

I got Ironman All country AT 275/65/20. I have a set of them in 275/60/20 and they handle good in the rain/wet conditions. $606.00 for all 4.

I’m Plan on going with Bridgestone or Faulken in the future if I switch from the Ironman

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Just put new Michelins on my truck.
They were about same price as 90K miles ago.

OP
OP
duckman631

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Watch Walmart for selling old tires. I recently bought 4 for my 5th wheel and the date codes were over 18 months old.... sent them back. I suppose it's not as big of an issue with truck tires if you're going to use them up within a few years but with RVs time is more an issue than tread life so I don't want to start out 18 months old already.

I agree America's Tire is a great place - competitive prices and great service. That's where I ended up getting my 5th wheel tires and two other vehicles recently. Take advantage of their price match. They matched on the Walmart tires I sent back so I paid the same. I just emailed them a sceen shot of the Walmart price and within a few hours I had an approval to match at $40 less per tire. $120 each down to $80 each.

By me, America’s tire is discount tire direct. I’ve bought from them before several times. I like purchasing from Walmart because if you buy from them, they only charge $19/tire to mount and balance which in my area is very cheap.