Tire Review Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm going to be in the market for new tires soon. I'm looking at the Falken Wildpeak and the Nitto G2 and Ridge Grappler.

I haven't been able to find good long-term reviews in the Wildpeak or Ridge Grappler...maybe because they're fairly new...

Cooper Discoverer AT3
- 52,000 mikes from the set, rotated every 5k
- great wet weather traction, even worn
- seemed to wear fast early on and then settled down
- did well in mud, dirt, gravel
- mostly highway

Mastercraft Courser AXT
- 50,000 miles, rotated every 5k
- wet traction was not as good as the Discoverer even though it's the same tire
- cheaper than the Cooper
- did well in mud, dirt, gravel
- mostly highway

Nitto Terra Grappler G2
- 35,000 miles when I traded the truck and only about half tread used. I think they would have gone 60k. Same rotation as above
- great all around tire, no complaints
- mostly highway

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All I can say is that I recently bought a set of General Grabbers in the 20" OEM size due to the good wet and snow reviews they got. Based on my experience with the OEM Goodyears, so far the Generals are tons better in wet and I actually look forward to trying them in snow.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
one set of tires I really liked was the cooper discoverer STT pro they were loud tires put the performance was great in every situation

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too will be in the market for some tires. Not looking for the aggressive tread pattern but more of the street ride type, Like the Goodyear SR-A, but deff not the Goodyears, (garbage tires) Looking at the Michillen, anyone have any opinion on the those?

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Kcaudill look at bridgestone my truck has two of them on there and they dont wear down as much as the SRA but the tread pattern is similar

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat