Tool Box...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^ Nice looking product, not cheap... My only concern would be height/depth ref 5th wheel towing. U have to make sure U got the clearance. But that is a dynamite looking box, and make sure low enuf ref cover on truck when not towing.

Tonneaucovered

www.tonneaucovered.com
Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Not a full tool box, but the Undercover Swing cases can lock and swing to the tailgate area.

OP
OP
Steve Karolek

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
My only concern would be height/depth ref 5th wheel towing. U have to make sure U got the clearance.

Great point, one I had not yet considered. Obviously I need to adjust my filters... Thanks for helping me avoid a potentially costly mistake.

OP
OP
Steve Karolek

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like it!

My only initial concern is that its height will be an issue with the 5th wheel electrical connections...
If it is, it wouldn't be very hard to make a short cord and put a plug on the forward side of the box for the 5er

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
OP
OP
Steve Karolek

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
When I had my 5th wheel, I bought a T harness that plugged into the factory harness in front of the bumper. I ran the female receptacle in front of the wheel well. That also allowed me to use a slide-in truck camper and still have the rear plug available to tow a trailer. It worked real well.

https://www.etrailer.com/t1-2018_Ram_2500.htm?fUrl=-sf-Fifth_Wheel_and_Gooseneck_Wiring

Thanks for the info. My truck came with trailer connections in two spots... next to the frame hitch (traditional spot) and inside the bed on the driver's side near the rear of the bed (for 5th wheel connections). My concern is that the tool box will prevent me from plugging into the connection in the box. I'll measure carefully, whatever I do.

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
I had dual swing boxes in my last truck. They were worth every penny.

satxflhx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I'm looking for a locking tool box for my bed. Needs to fit under tonneau cover. Would prefer to be in the very back, at the tailgate, for ease of access without climbing in. Needs to lock since the cover will be rolled open while I'm towing my 5er. Thinking of the one linked below but open to any/all suggestions:

https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Truck-Toolboxes/UWS-5th-Wheel-Truck-Tool-Box

I was looking at the same box (and other like models) but also wanted to mount slide rails on bottom corners in order to pull the box out to the end of the tailgate when opened. Thus improving ease of access. The link below shows what I'm talking about. You can see the slides below the box with a locking pin on the left side.

https://www.google.com/search?q=5th...ECA4QBA&biw=1366&bih=625#imgrc=R8lhiUHBOTFfsM

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I'm looking for a locking tool box for my bed. Needs to fit under tonneau cover. Would prefer to be in the very back, at the tailgate, for ease of access without climbing in. Needs to lock since the cover will be rolled open while I'm towing my 5er. Thinking of the one linked below but open to any/all suggestions:

https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Truck-Toolboxes/UWS-5th-Wheel-Truck-Tool-Box

a friend has that exact one and loves it. I checked it out and looks and feels solid..he has his up at the front of the bed tho.

OP
OP
Steve Karolek

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
Update, this is in fact the box I went with. Arrived within a week of placing the order, was very well packed (double boxed with protective padding between the boxes). I haven't bolted it down yet. Thinking about putting slides under it to pull it out out over the tailgate as described by @satxflhx

https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com//Truck-Toolboxes/UWS-5th-Wheel-Truck-Tool-Box

95217136_10158077443765569_4736747206864797696_n.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio