Touchscreen Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scot Harlow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The console touchscreen stopped working in my 2019 RAM 1500. Is there a reset I can perform? Diagnostic?

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The console touchscreen stopped working in my 2019 RAM 1500. Is there a reset I can perform? Diagnostic?
Disconnect battery for a few minutes then reconnect. Don't be alarmed if things are missing from radio when it reboots after you reconnect the battery. It's common for things like sirius, heated seat controls and cameras not show up right away. They usually show up 1-2 hours later.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear about the concerns you were having with your touchscreen. For future reference, in order to complete a soft reset of your Uconnect system, please perform the following steps-

1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal

2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3) Let go of the buttons
4) Turn the vehicle off
5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6) Close door

Feel free to send our team a private message if you'd ever like additional assistance.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

sddingman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear about the concerns you were having with your touchscreen. For future reference, in order to complete a soft reset of your Uconnect system, please perform the following steps-

1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal

2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3) Let go of the buttons
4) Turn the vehicle off
5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6) Close door

Feel free to send our team a private message if you'd ever like additional assistance.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares
I have the same issue with my 2020 Ram, have already tried disconnecting the battery (no luck) and the soft reset listed her (no luck).
Dealership was no help.

sddingman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the same issue with my 2020 Ram, have already tried disconnecting the battery (no luck) and the soft reset listed her (no luck).
Dealership was no help.

OrlandoTragic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Having the same issue on my 22 Ram 1500 as of today. This uConnect system is garbage.

hiroshi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Gas
I have same issue on my 2020 Ram 1500 with 8.4" screen.

Someone can tell how to fix the problem ?

Etchin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Has anyone had any luck fixing this issue? I've tried a soft and a hard reset and still can't get my touchscreen to work. It's so frustrating that nobody at RAM or the dealership knows the solution other than buying a new unit, which means I'm likely to have the same issue at some point.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Mine does that every once in a while. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds and it should reset the system. That always fixes it for me.