Towing odometer, AlfaOBD able to correct?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I'm looking at upgrading my 2018 Ram 3500 Tradesman 6.7l diesel evic to the 7" premium evic.

My concern is I track my 5th wheel miles on my evic towing odometer. I don't know if that's stored in the evic, BCM or the brake controller module.

If it's stored in the evic, can AlfaOBD rewrite it like the truck odometer and hours?

Thanks,
Earl

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm looking at upgrading my 2018 Ram 3500 Tradesman 6.7l diesel evic to the 7" premium evic.

My concern is I track my 5th wheel miles on my evic towing odometer. I don't know if that's stored in the evic, BCM or the brake controller module.

If it's stored in the evic, can AlfaOBD rewrite it like the truck odometer and hours?

Thanks,
Earl
I will connect to my trailer brake module and see if the hours are in there .

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I connected the trailer module and I don’t see any kilometers in there .
I also connected to the ecm and didn’t see any kilometers with regards to trailer KM etc .
Same as in the IPC
I haven’t connected to the tcm yet .
Maybe something in there .
I will look at the tcm this evening and let you know .
I have feeling that the towing Miles are accumulated in the ipc itself
But will update once I finished looking at the tcm

OP
OP
Earl Zeis

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Thanks for checking! My gut tells me it's all done in the evic. If so, if alpha can write the truck odometer and hours, just maybe it can do the towing.

Thanks,
Earl

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Thanks for checking! My gut tells me it's all done in the evic. If so, if alpha can write the truck odometer and hours, just maybe it can do the towing.

Thanks,
Earl

I just did the 7" update myself...On the 'Trailer' screen of it, the 1st option shows "Distance mi" with the option to "Hold > to Reset."

OP
OP
Earl Zeis

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I just did the 7" update myself...On the 'Trailer' screen of it, the 1st option shows "Distance mi" with the option to "Hold > to Reset."
Yep, same as the 3.5". I want to keep my current towing odometer, not reset or loose it when going to the 7". Thought it looks like that's what's going to happen. I haven't found that anyone has been able to write the towing odometer.

Earl

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Yep, same as the 3.5". I want to keep my current towing odometer, not reset or loose it when going to the 7". Thought it looks like that's what's going to happen. I haven't found that anyone has been able to write the towing odometer.

Earl

I got ya'...Send in a request to the AlfaOBD developer and see if he can add it into an update or give some insight/direction - [email protected] I believe is the address...