Towing with rear drop springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dalt10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wasn't sure how the truck would drive towing until this week. I loaded the bed with 4 Ram wheels and tires (got them while I was in Orlando). And pulled a UHaul trailer loaded with furniture from Orlando to Jacksonville FL (moved my daughter). Trailer looks like it's tilted down a little towards the front. I guess because of the drop but didn't have any problems. Trailer was loaded with the heavier stuff over the wheels. With the McGaughy's 2" rear drop springs It had a little bit of a squat but not bad. Drove normal (no bouncing or swaying) thru the whole trip.
IMG_1450.JPG TSIC7903.JPG

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Good to know! I assume you don't run airbags in the rear?

John Joseph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good to know! I assume you don't run airbags in the rear?

I have 18 4x4 dropped 4” in rear. I haul my motorcycle in bed. I put Durango airlift absolutely necessary. Al they recommend keep 5psi in and max 35psi. I leave them at 15PSI even at 5psi noticeable improvement in ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hauled a 12ft trailer when I moved with a 7 inch drop in the back. I had bags but didnt need to air them up. Only bottomed out once i was surprised.

OP
OP
Dalt10

Dalt10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No air bags. Probably would be good to put them in but I don't tow enough with the Ram to mess with it.

Redd Eyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is swapping out the coils the only thing I need to do to lower it?