TPMS Sensor Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr M

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500
Engine
I am on my 2nd TMPS sensor for my front-right wheel (all were replaced with new wheels 2-months ago) and I STILL cannot get a reading on my display in the truck. It worked initially with all the others, then stopped, I replaced it, still cannot get it to work.

I DID ping it with my buddy's Snap On TPMS tester and it DOES show output at the tire, and I even connected the tool to the OBD connector and "reset" the system to allow the sensor to read....made no difference!

Then used his professional Snap On scan tool and entered the vehicle gateway settings and verified the wireless receiver, the sensor ID number was stored, and all proper attributes, and no luck!

I lowered the air, over filled the air, disconnected the battery, tried all I can think of, still no reading at the dashboard, and as a footnote, the sensor I replaced it with was still good, as I pinged it with the tester and it operates properly.

I read somewhere there are additional "receivers" in the front wheelwells that are associated with these TPMS units, but cannot find into on them, but ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Did you replace it with an OEM sensor, or aftermarket?

My new wheels and tires cam with new sensors. 6 months of hell, trying everything you just described.

Bought Mopar OEM sensors. Installed, all problems disappeared.

Pre 13s appear to be the worst.

My experience

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just because it shows the right front isn’t reading doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the one that failed. It could be any of the sensors and the RF hub module isn’t picking up the correct location. It’s best to test all the sensors.

Are there any codes set in the RF hub? Was it an OE or aftermarket sensor?

R

Rampower2012

It mite be your wheel hub sensor my be bad and not getting a signal from your tpms

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you sure your sensor inside the tire isn’t off a little? Sometimes the sensor will Not read if the sensor itself is off just abit.