Tps sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vectra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve just bought bought a new set of tires and some used wheels for my truck and was having them fitted today.

the wheels didn’t come with sensors , I looked online and these are around $50 on Amazon for a set, the tire shop just told me they have these in stock and want $59 per wheel to supply fit and program??

I've just read online that these normally do not need programming and sync automatically.

Can someone please confirm if the tire shop is trying it on ?

blazchasr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If that is just the TPMS alone, that's a pretty steep price. There is no "programming" that I know of. Your truck should pick up the new sensors automatically after a short drive. Just make sure that you don't have your old wheels with you.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Some TPMS do require programming but you can get those that don't need any.

Ask the shop if they are using ones that require programming.

OP
OP
V

Vectra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at Amazon reviews most just sync after driving a few miles.

my tire shop is either supplying ones that need programming or just trying to make a quick profit.

MidTennMtneer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
Mine from Mr Wheel Deal worked fine for a few days then quit.

Stopped by a local tire shop. They confirmed the sensors were sending out signals and hooked up a thing to the OBD port. Reset it and it worked like a charm. Took all of 5 minutes and they didn’t charge me a dime.

So they are supposed to work themselves but some seem to need a bit of a kickstart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk