Trade my 2018 for a 2022 Power Wagon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Since when do pw driver’s worry about mpg lol if you want gas mileage buy a Prius

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you drive a PW like a chick, you're saving prob 1.5mpg ish...aint worth it .12.5 in the winter 14ish in the summer...better than I thought it would be..my 21 is prob my fav truck/car I've ever owned..life is short

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
I wonder if it's just that many people don't buy them then? The number seems to vary from year to year. I just kind of assumed there was some truth to it seeing I could get one in the options I wanted from some dealers and not others.... weird. Either way I would pay the money for a rebel when you can get a power wagon for damn near the same price. I suppose gas will be a bit better and probably the ride but you'll lift it more than likely which costs more money. Might as well just get a wagon.
That's it. Not many of us want them. I placed my Order in the last week of July. I received it the Week before they opened up the Orders for the next Model year. I would have liked the 75th. But you couldn't order it without the Center Console, and Electronic Transfer Case. I had that for 17 years with my last Truck. I actually use the Center Jump Seat. When the Wife and I travel. Besides. The Two Boxes built into the Seat. Have plenty of Room for Crap. I like the Floor Shift Transfer Case. Reminds me of the two K5's I owned long ago. But For those that wanted that stuff. I'm glad it's available. I only wished they would have been available with a 6 Spd. Stick ! I would have went for that in a Heartbeat.

Last edited:

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
If you drive a PW like a chick, you're saving prob 1.5mpg ish...aint worth it .12.5 in the winter 14ish in the summer...better than I thought it would be..my 21 is prob my fav truck/car I've ever owned..life is short
My PW is by far my favorite Vehicle also. But there are Changes I would have made. If it had been possible.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I love my truck there’s somethings l would change but mostly it’s how I want it i bought a pw because it’s the truck that has a lot of the stuff that I would have added to a regular truck

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
If my family didn't live between 6,000 to 8,500 feet elevation within the Rockies maybe we wouldn't have as many sticks in our 4x4 vehicles. Our 2018 Jeep Rubicon and 2018 Toyota TRD are sticks, so is our 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 2500. I just feel a bit more confident descending the steep grades with my 1998 Chevrolet K1500 and using its 5 speed stick to hold off on the braking. Both the 6 speed and Jake brake with the Cummins is heavenly. The Power Wagon just gets going faster than all of them, even while holding it back in the lower gears. It requires more braking, especially on ice and snow. Braking on steep sharp corners on ice and snow isn't really enjoyable with any vehicle. Try to avoid doing that.

View attachment 480763
I had a 98 Toyota Tacoma Ext. Cab SR5 4x4 with a V6 5 Spd. I loved that Truck. Lots of advantages to a Stick 4X4. I may get me another Toyota Someday. I will keep my PW either way.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

400 pound rock sliders 300 pound canopy 35 inch tires none of that helps but oh well
I'm not as light as I used to be either......

I love my truck there’s somethings l would change but mostly it’s how I want it i bought a pw because it’s the truck that has a lot of the stuff that I would have added to a regular truck
I did too, but I keep thinking of other stuff to add! I must be sick or something!:anitoof:

We had a couple of older vehicles that needed to be traded before I had to do major repairs.....I wound up getting a 5.7L Rebel for a daily driver. Now I can do really dumb stuff to the PW and turn it into the ultimate camping/hunting machine!

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Define dumb stuff adding things to your truck to make it more capable and lot as likely to break isn’t dumb to me the missus doesn’t see it that way though lol I bought my truck for what it is and just want to make it better/stronger

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Define dumb stuff adding things to your truck to make it more capable and lot as likely to break isn’t dumb to me the missus doesn’t see it that way though lol I bought my truck for what it is and just want to make it better/stronger
Luckily I married a farm girl. She doesn't really tell me it's dumb, she just shakes her head and laughs at the time.
She loves the idea of an Overlanding truck though. We haven't been able to really go camping in over 10 years.
Spring time should be lots of fun when the snow starts melting!

Not sure what to do to the truck yet.....
I have great suspension, tires, and an unlocked PCM. Starting to gather up some lights.
I also have the Abel Components wiring harness to lock axles in any transfer case setting, but have never had the time to install it.
I was thinking about a camper and some air bags, but I think that a small off road camp trailer would be more fun.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I have a Abel disconnect home built rock sliders and rear tire carrier I plan to build a topper lift and a solar power system for road trips we have used it for camping ⛺️ already and I have identified some things that I need to build/ add i bought this truck for what it is I just need to build/buy the stuff I want

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
The Abel install is pretty easy except if it is freezing a&@cold like when I did mine

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I have been looking at a ez lift topper lift kit I think I can build my own but I would like ridged walls I am thinking 1inch aluminum square tube covered with thin sheet metal you can get linear actuators on line I looked at my truck and I think the way to go is build mounts under the truck and come

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Come up trough the stake hole I will have to cut holes the bottom of the stakeholder but it will be out of sight I like stealth keep looking stock as possible yes i know my rock sliders look different but not many people would know that