Traded Scatpack for Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Traded my 17 Scatpack Charger FBO for a Demo 19 Laramie. It was the right deal at the right time had to do it. The truck will work for my family a little better for now but I'm going to miss that car! Ready to do some mods to the Ram.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Traded my 17 Scatpack Charger FBO for a Demo 19 Laramie. It was the right deal at the right time had to do it. The truck will work for my family a little better for now but I'm going to miss that car! Ready to do some mods to the Ram.

3d8660fc246ffaccb877a0dc86a82c17.jpgcd453be380fbdf523052db655e152ab4.jpg931cebcc99590662ae3b5d6352a9b078.jpgb08c36fd69a7ab06c31ce2d2a044c966.jpg59e9b28cec4dd9f6455648f9a14ba186.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, nice timing there. Well U will miss the vroom, the truck is just so much more room and utilitarian. I always giggle when I see someone driving a subaru down the road with a mattress tied to the top with the rope going through the windows, just saying...

Black trimmed out truck looks great.....

vinhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie & 2019 BigHorn
Engine
4LjQxjNm.jpgFunny, I thought I was the only one to do something like that...
4LjQxjNm.jpg

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI

Back in 2007, i had a 2005 300SRT8, i ended up getting some 18" 335 drag radials and making some 12.7 passes on the weekend while i was finishing up another car, but i ended up trading it in for a Grand Cherokee. I also missed having it once it was gone, but the first snow fall made me forget all about it.. I also didn't miss being stuck in every couple days. I didn't want a 3rd car (already had a 1987 Mustang with a 429 big block for the summer). I could never go back to driving a car everyday after having an SUV/Ram for the past 10 years.

You got yourself a nice truck. Enjoy!

IMG_E3972[1].JPG IMG_3970[1].PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Starting to feel better about the car being gone lol. Thanks guys.

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The last "car" I owned was a Mustang in 1975. Some of us are just truck guys.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The last "car" I owned was a Mustang in 1975. Some of us are just truck guys.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree I have never been without a truck, while I owned my challenger I also had this truck and a few more, variety is the spice of life :smoke2:

IMG_2528.JPG

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am about one month away from doing the SAME thing. Any words of encouragement appreciated.
I also love this car, but honestly with the amount of police I see everyday to work, I can count in one hand times that I really let this engine roar. It's like keeping a caged beast 90% of the time.

What deal did you get on the Laramie?

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am about one month away from doing the SAME thing. Any words of encouragement appreciated.
I also love this car, but honestly with the amount of police I see everyday to work, I can count in one hand times that I really let this engine roar. It's like keeping a caged beast 90% of the time.

What deal did you get on the Laramie?

For me I was to the point of driving my 02 Ram whenever it was wet out and leaving the Scat in the garage so much it just didn’t make sense for me and my family to have it. Love the car and it made me smile every time I drove it. Longtubes, no cats, Borla catback will do that.

Plus I came across the Laramie for $38k (demo) with them giving a very fair number on the Scat. Kinda felt like a no brainer.

Lights_out

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought I was the only one....lol. Traded an 18 Scat Pack for my Ram. Ditto what you guys said above. Loved the power and sound of the scat, but there's just so much traffic on the roads now it's hard to find time to let it eat. The truck just fits my needs more right now.

The 6.4 cars hold their value really well. Mine was a Demo with 2800 miles on it, I paid $36k for it. Traded it in with 8500 miles and they gave me $35k for it on trade! Plus $10k off MSRP on the new Ram. So yeah, the deal really made sense.

20180802_140731-01_resized.jpeg

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Nice Ram OP. I’ve only sat in a Big Horn and Limited for 5th gens. Looks like they really made a nice interior on the new Laramie’s. Seems the new Laramie is the 4th gen Limited in materials quality, I’d say even better when considering the complete package. Particularly the materials around the dash.

It's like keeping a caged beast 90% of the time.

This is so true and the downside of owning something really powerful. Sometimes I find myself thinking as much as I’d love a Hellcat, I just could not justify it unless I took it very regularly to the strip/track. I hardly use even 50% of the power of my SP on a typical day. When you floor these you better make damn sure you are OK to do so. Hell, even ¾ quick to the floor at any speed and you are 100% committed to breaking the law on most roads. They go from level zero to bat **** unhinged with the snap of a finger. Kind of feels like an evil voice in the back of your head when you are driving it lol. Most definitely part of their charm.

LWkmUuc.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Nice Ram OP. I’ve only sat in a Big Horn and Limited for 5th gens. Looks like they really made a nice interior on the new Laramie’s. Seems the new Laramie is the 4th gen Limited in materials quality, I’d say even better when considering the complete package. Particularly the materials around the dash.

This is so true and the downside of owning something really powerful. Sometimes I find myself thinking as much as I’d love a Hellcat, I just could not justify it unless I took it very regularly to the strip/track. I hardly use even 50% of the power of my SP on a typical day. When you floor these you better make damn sure you are OK to do so. Hell, even ¾ quick to the floor at any speed and you are 100% committed to breaking the law on most roads. They go from level zero to bat **** unhinged with the snap of a finger. Kind of feels like an evil voice in the back of your head when you are driving it lol. Most definitely part of their charm.

LWkmUuc.jpg
add on top of it that now we are in the 40 and 50 degree weather. Its like a free turner compared to the hot summer humid 90's

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
add on top of it that now we are in the 40 and 50 degree weather. Its like a free turner compared to the hot summer humid 90's

Yep. I have to actively remind myself to really ease into the throttle for the first couple miles until the tires warm up or they will literally just break loose for practically nothing. People probably think you are trying to be a ****. No I swear I’m not lol.

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought I was the only one....lol. Traded an 18 Scat Pack for my Ram. Ditto what you guys said above. Loved the power and sound of the scat, but there's just so much traffic on the roads now it's hard to find time to let it eat. The truck just fits my needs more right now.

The 6.4 cars hold their value really well. Mine was a Demo with 2800 miles on it, I paid $36k for it. Traded it in with 8500 miles and they gave me $35k for it on trade! Plus $10k off MSRP on the new Ram. So yeah, the deal really made sense.

This is interesting. Mine is a lease, it's a 2016 model, and I am just now getting close to 15k miles on it. The buyout option is $36k. Even though my scat has pretty much ALL the possible options, including the technology package, I think 36k buyout is not in line with the real value in the market.
When it comes to the RAM, I've really set my eyes on the Limited trim, really depending on what kind of deal I can make.