Tradesman wired for power seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramcummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2016 Tradesman that looks to be wired for a powered seat. Maybe I would just have to buy the powered base and the switch and use the wiring that is already there? One of the wires actually goes up the back of the seat. Does anyone know what any of this wiring is for?

20200804_133235.jpg 20200804_133301.jpg 20200804_133100.jpg 20200804_133022.jpg

Thank you.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It probably not wired but it's easy to add a powered seat. The wire going up the back is likely for the airbag in the seat. That yellow plug is for the Airbag.

A forum vendor and member @Mpgrimm2 makes a custom harness to add a power seat to your Tradesman. I did the same on my Express and after selling my old seat I was probably only $50 out of pocket for the mod.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ramcummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It probably not wired but it's easy to add a powered seat. The wire going up the back is likely for the airbag in the seat. That yellow plug is for the Airbag.

A forum vendor and member @Mpgrimm2 makes a custom harness to add a power seat to your Tradesman. I did the same on my Express and after selling my old seat I was probably only $50 out of pocket for the mod.

oh yeah, forgot about the airbags. That sounds like a great idea to do it the way you did. I assume you bought a used seat?

Thanks for the response!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
oh yeah, forgot about the airbags. That sounds like a great idea to do it the way you did. I assume you bought a used seat?

Thanks for the response!
Yes, then added the power wires and swapped the upholstery and cushions (they're connected) so the new seat matched my interior.