Tradesmen seat upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RockyAEV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So forgive me if there is another post on this topic that is specific to this question. I know that if I buy new seats I can swap them out and have power (of course add a new harness to make it work).

But my question specifically is can I buy the power base (found online for just a couple hundred instead of 1500) will that power base mount to my seat back, will it match the tradesman cushion? My only true complaint is that the driver seat can not be placed in a comfortable position. I like the seat otherwise, easy to clean, tuff again tools, etc.

Basically I want to stay cheap, but add a power driver seat.

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So forgive me if there is another post on this topic that is specific to this question. I know that if I buy new seats I can swap them out and have power (of course add a new harness to make it work).

But my question specifically is can I buy the power base (found online for just a couple hundred instead of 1500) will that power base mount to my seat back, will it match the tradesman cushion? My only true complaint is that the driver seat can not be placed in a comfortable position. I like the seat otherwise, easy to clean, tuff again tools, etc.

Basically I want to stay cheap, but add a power driver seat.

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have a set of Big Horn heated front seats for sale and rear seat as well, which is not heated. Driver seat is power. Also have the heated steering wheel and a great l few other parts console etc

OP
OP
RockyAEV

RockyAEV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a set of Big Horn heated front seats for sale and rear seat as well, which is not heated. Driver seat is power. Also have the heated steering wheel and a great l few other parts console etc

Do you have any pictures? I’m not 100% sure what those look like....driver seat is truly the only one I’m worried about being power. Is the steering wheel leather? Shoot hit me up with what all you have and a price list, I might be interested in a large chunk of what ya got.

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Do you have any pictures? I’m not 100% sure what those look like....driver seat is truly the only one I’m worried about being power. Is the steering wheel leather? Shoot hit me up with what all you have and a price list, I might be interested in a large chunk of what ya got.

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

Okay I'm going to send you a pm

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What all would I need if I wanted to swap my manual driver seat to power without buying a higher trim seat? Seat base, motor, switch, panel, and motor? Anyone done this before?

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This was answered in other threads. The seat frames themselves are different. Once you sourced all the parts including the upper and lower seat frames, power adjust motors, switches, switch bezel and seat harness the parts would be well over what you would pay for a standard non heated power adjust seat out of a SLT or Bighorn. The SLT/Bighorn seat covers are the same design and style as the Tradesman/Express seats so you could easily install your seat covers to match the rest of your seats and be done with it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk