Trailer Backup Camera MONITOR Mounting Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenOfAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently bought a Haloview wireless backup/backview camera with 7" monitor, for my small travel trailer. I'm wondering how and where you all are mounting your monitors. I prefer an easy removable setup to prevent theft. A windshield mount creates a big blind spot. Mine wont fit in the dash cutout because the lighter socket (monitor power feed wire) gets in the way. The only easy way to mount it seems to be in the cup holder of the console/seat. So that is what I am using. But sometimes I need that extra seating position. Where are you all mounting yours. Thanks.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
um, don't use a monitor. Only the built in rear view cam to put the ball under the hitch then it's all mirrors when the trailer is hitched.
If this wireless camera is for watching behind the trailer, have some sort of temporary mount for the monitor and pull it out when needed. Watching what's behind you when driving forward is just a distraction.
There's also RAM Mounts, they offer tablet mounts that use the seat bolt, nice stuff but $$$

OP
OP
K

KenOfAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I broke my neck recently and lost about half my range of motion in my neck. And it is painful. So I use it mainly for backing up, and it is easier on my neck if I don't have to turn my neck real often to see the right side mirror. I just found out today there is a place called Bullet Point that makes what I need that fits in the dash top cubby hole. But it is very pricey. It is here: https://www.bulletpointmountingsolutions.com/collections/2019-ram-truck-1500-2500-3500 I'm hoping I can find something cheaper though.

Roper46

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 CTD
I finally got my BulletPoint system tweaked and now have all my monitors in one convenient location. I had to order the larger piece on the left for my Haloview back up monitor. Then in the center is my Garmin RV 785 785 GPS with the dash cam. I use it daily everywhere I go w the dash cam. I have two profiles set up, one for the RV and then just the truck alone. On the right is my TireMinder TPMS, it charges thru the USB port on the lower center stack.

20230521_114930.jpg20230521_114753.jpg

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally got my BulletPoint system tweaked and now have all my monitors in one convenient location. I had to order the larger piece on the left for my Haloview back up monitor. Then in the center is my Garmin RV 785 785 GPS with the dash cam. I use it daily everywhere I go w the dash cam. I have two profiles set up, one for the RV and then just the truck alone. On the right is my TireMinder TPMS, it charges thru the USB port on the lower center stack.

View attachment 521562View attachment 521563
WOW is that a Busy dash area.

Roper46

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 CTD
LOL. Yes it is a bit busy. But it is only like this when I tow my fifth wheel. All other times there is just my GPS up there.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

View attachment 521562View attachment 521563
I've got the same setup except I use android auto + Google maps on the trucks screen so I dontnneed the GPS. Overall I really like it. The only drawback is that being a bit under-tall I have to put the screensna bit lower so they don't block my vision. But that partially blocks my AC vents. I've also tried a weathertec cup phone, which works well but blocks the use of the cup holder.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I made a simple holder out of wood.

Attachments

• IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 6