Trailer mods, what have you done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those LED awning lights are so bright. I see very few people in the campgrounds using them. Most use a different light.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those LED awning lights are so bright. I see very few people in the campgrounds using them. Most use a different light.
yeah, i like our awning lites for when we have gatherings at nite but would like something dim for a alternative

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have seen some battery powered motion sensor lights that you can set to different time periods.

I think that i am going to put a couple in my garage.

My only light switch is all the way at the rear of the garage.
The motion sensor will turn on when the garage door opens & i could then find the light switch without a flash light.

I have garage door opener light, but it is LED & does not allow the opener to function, unless i am right at the door, so i unscrewed that light

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins

KMKKOZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Woo hoo!

Finally made time to get these installed. I love the lights. I put them on top of the lower I beam ledge. So my positioning actually makes them much dimmer than I expected. The skirting really blocks the ambient light. So I'm wondering if I should have put them somewhere else. I will have to try it in real usage to decide. They appear brighter in the photo than real life. For the purpose it might be bright enough, not sure yet.

PXL_20210522_015231161.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210522_015022577.NIGHT.jpg

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look great. Nice job. To increase the light you could try putting reflective foil tape above them, on the bottom of the top part of the I beam.

Last edited:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Looks good, but watch the brightness please. These newer rigs with the LEDs on the nose are too bright and light up my camper and site too much at night. Some folks leave them on all night long which is even worse.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ours can be seen but aren't bright enough to be annoying. Our camper nose lights are bright. Most of the time I don't turn then on. I just use the under glow lights but everything goes off at 10.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Good to hear guys. Thank you. The nose lights on all night long happened a few times and was very annoying. Couldn't even enjoy a campfire really. More modern day baloney that isn't necessary...at least to me....lol!

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's something else I came across. I've used it twice and both times it worked great. It's a flexible fitting that goes into the sewer line. This thing has been awesome. When it's seated in it doesn't fall out. Both times I used it, when I tried to pull it out the end of the sewer line came with it. It doesn't come out as easy as the videos show. Maybe I have it seated too deep but I'd rather fight with it to get it out when I'm done than have it fall out in the middle of dumping. It's so much nicer than a regular elbow.

As you can see the best part is that it fits all different angles. Most sites I stay at have angled sewer dumps. The pic is our latest camp site. It really worked well there.

It's called the rhino 3 in 1 flexible sewer hose.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FJFZPHL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_15MTTHHXWHRP317KXKX0

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-39...l-with-RhinoExtreme-Hose-and-Handle/857474883

20210524_101146_1.jpg

Last edited:

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's something else I came across. I've used it twice and both times it worked great. It's a flexible fitting that goes into the sewer line. This thing has been awesome. When it's seated in it doesn't fall out. Both times I used it, when I tried to pull it out the end of the sewer line came with it. It doesn't come out as easy as the videos show. Maybe I have it seated too deep but I'd rather fight with it to get it out when I'm done than have it fall out in the middle of dumping. It's so much nicer than a regular elbow.

As you can see the best part is that it fits all different angles. Most sites I stay at have angled sewer dumps. The pic is our latest camp site. It really worked well there.

It's called the rhino 3 in 1 flexible sewer hose.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FJFZPHL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_15MTTHHXWHRP317KXKX0

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-39...l-with-RhinoExtreme-Hose-and-Handle/857474883

View attachment 248631

Your trailer has two sewer outlets? Both of my gray tanks and my black tank use the one.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your trailer has two sewer outlets? Both of my gray tanks and my black tank use the one.
I really wish they were plumbed together. The front one is the kitchen gray and the rear is bathroom. My last trailer was the opposite. Front bath and rear kitchen but not plumbed together either.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Both of my tanks go to a single outlet also....but I have seen this more and more on newer rigs...I guess due to the layouts folks want these days. Probably necessitates the need for separate black and gray tank connections.

Cool flexible adapter though LR!

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Both of my tanks go to a single outlet also....but I have seen this more and more on newer rigs...I guess due to the layouts folks want these days. Probably necessitates the need for separate black and gray tank connections.

Cool flexible adapter though LR!

Thanks.

My gray tank and my black tank in the bathroom does have one connection like a typical trailer. I have a second separate gray tank just for my kitchen. I may not have been clear.

KMKKOZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's how mine is too, one gray in front and both in back. I thought about a setup like that but the kitchen doesn't fill up very fast. If we ever plan a week in one spot I will probably get that. Thanks!

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks.

My gray tank and my black tank in the bathroom does have one connection like a typical trailer. I have a second separate gray tank just for my kitchen. I may not have been clear.

The kitchen on my Cougar is quite a way from the bathroom area. There was enough fall from the back to center of trailer to run the drain up to the main dump area so I dont have to have two dump outlets. Might look into that.