Trailer mods, what have you done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The kitchen on my Cougar is quite a way from the bathroom area. There was enough fall from the back to center of trailer to run the drain up to the main dump area so I dont have to have two dump outlets. Might look into that.
I started to. I'll dig a little further but at first glance the front gray tank pipe comes thru the belly enclosure with a 90 going forward. I have to get up into the enclosure and swing that elbow 180° or replace it before I do anything else.

Last edited:

KMKKOZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My slideout is kind of between the two on mine, not sure if there's room or not to join them. I will just leave it as is.

My biggest source of annoyance was that on the rear dump, the black and grey labels were switched. Someone had one job...

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
My slideout is kind of between the two on mine, not sure if there's room or not to join them. I will just leave it as is.

My biggest source of annoyance was that on the rear dump, the black and grey labels were switched. Someone had one job...

Had the same problem with the labels. Couldnt figure out why I would dump one tank and a day later it was full. I was dumping the wrong tank. Maybe the label installers dont know english.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

Had the same problem with the labels. Couldnt figure out why I would dump one tank and a day later it was full. I was dumping the wrong tank. Maybe the label installers dont know english.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
we have done the usual stuff to ours: better shower head..residential faucets at sinks..max-air covers for roof vents..solar control unit and wiring..battery on-0ff switch..led's where needed..86 mph tires..screen door handle..back-up camera on the rear..ball valves on all the drain hoses..probably going to change out the steps to the newer style that go all the way to the ground.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Thanks.

My gray tank and my black tank in the bathroom does have one connection like a typical trailer. I have a second separate gray tank just for my kitchen. I may not have been clear.
I see you have a 255RB..we have been looking for a new trailer and that one is on our list but is a little heavier than our 246RKS which my laramie tows fine but I am curious how the 255RB tows. thanx

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine I just built the whole dang camper my way my little Mobile Cabin started it march of last year and still have not got inside done but real close on outside just turning my focus to interior this spring trying to get in it done before end of season this year View attachment 244078
That's pretty cool. Good job

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see you have a 255RB..we have been looking for a new trailer and that one is on our list but is a little heavier than our 246RKS which my laramie tows fine but I am curious how the 255RB tows. thanx
The brochure weights are a 5842 dry and 648 tongue. Our trailer sticker says 6045 dry. My tongue weight currently according to my new Weigh Safe hitch is 700lbs. That's with one lp tank just about empty and my front pass thru full of the usual camping gear. When the second tank is filled and we add some clothes and food in the fridge I expect the tongue to change a little. The fridge is over top the axles so that may not make a big difference but those items are the only weight change between now and being loaded for camping. With a Laramie watch your payload. I have an express and bought that trim specifically because of the higher payload. Mine is 1600. I suspect yours is a bit lower.

As far as towing, it tows and tracks great. I've used an Equalizer hitch so far and have had no issues at all. I now have a Weigh Safe True Tow w/d hitch but I haven't towed with that yet.

I really like this trailer. Only a few minor new trailer bugs. No major issues.

The only dislikes I have are no ladder and no backers so I can't install one, two separate gray tanks, and there is only 1 very small light in the front pass thru. I might add more light in there in the future.

This model is definitely worth a look. Happy trailer hunting.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

My slide out is in between my two grey tanks, but they both still drain out of the same outlet as the black water tank. Each of the three tanks naturally have their own drain valve.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
good to know..sounds like a nice trailer to go check out in person. thanx for the info.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's my newest mod. The trifold sofa was very uncomfortable for my wife. She has a bad back. Since that's our main seating we needed something more comfortable. So we sold the trifold and bought these two power recliners. I had to install an outlet for them but that was easy. The biggest challenge was finding two that would fit in the space and also fit through a 24" door.

These aren't RV recliners but they fit perfectly. We looked at the RV theatre seating but this was the same price and it's power, the RV seats were not. And the RV seats were all made of the cheap vinyl that cracks in a few years unless you paid a couple thousand for the real leather ones.

These are so nice, very comfortable especially for the price. This is easily my favorite mod.
20210713_225413_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's my newest mod. The trifold sofa was very uncomfortable for my wife. She has a bad back. Since that's our main seating we needed something more comfortable. So we sold the trifold and bought these two power recliners. I had to install an outlet for them but that was easy. The biggest challenge was finding two that would fit in the space and also for through a 24" door.

These aren't RV recliners but they fit perfectly. We looked at the RV theatre seating but this was the same price and it's power, the RV seats were not. And the RV seats were all made of the cheap vinyl that cracks in a few years unless you paid a couple thousand for the real leather ones.

These are so nice, very comfortable especially for the price. This is easily my favorite mod.
View attachment 464651
Where did you get those?

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We got them at Bob's furniture. Online they say out of stock but in the store they had 5 in the warehouse ready to ship. Brown only. The other colors are backordered until January.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's my newest mod. The trifold sofa was very uncomfortable for my wife. She has a bad back. Since that's our main seating we needed something more comfortable. So we sold the trifold and bought these two power recliners. I had to install an outlet for them but that was easy. The biggest challenge was finding two that would fit in the space and also fit through a 24" door.

View attachment 464651
Nice mod

KMKKOZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look great. Nice job. To increase the light you could try putting reflective foil tape above them, on the bottom of the top part of the I beam.
I did exactly that, and the ambient glow is now perfect. The light was getting lost up inside the dark parts of the camper. I got wide sticky foil for ductwork, and it's perfect. Very sticky and really helps the glow factor. Thank you!

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
Couple of videos I did of the exterior and interior mods on our '21 Momentum 31G toyhauler. Apparently I can't leave anything alone.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Started getting the storage area organized similar to what the old trailer was. The wood strip on the floor keeps the grates from moving around. The open space will be for a folding table, gas grill, and a couple of other containers for miscellaneous stuff. WD bars are in the PVC pipe, and I'll work on some clamps to hold a broom, hand crank tool, etc. Opposite side will be a bin for wood leveling blocks, hoses, and whatever else fits. Also mounted a ladder on the ladder, and it's locked in place.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.JPG
    IMG_2401.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 13

Heatheroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Finally got around to installing a Maxx Air vent cover on my 2020 Wolf Pup last weekend. I was glad to know it was on there when the remnants of Ida blew through South Central PA yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo