Train horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone running a train horn on their Ram?

I want one, but I’m trying to find a place to hide it.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
@Nick@GotExhaust sells a whole setup with the compressor and everything. Mounts where the spare tire usually is. I've seen another that mounts behind the front bumper, but I can't recall who was selling it.

-K

Last edited:

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have one installed. Mounts where your spare would go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am and love my hornblasters setup. its nice to have on board air as well. Message me if you would like a quote

OP
OP
basegroup

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So are people taking the spare tire out and mounting it there?

Also I’m not 100% understanding how this works. The air compressor fills up every time it is activated?

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added an electronic air horn behind the front bumper. There are two steel looking 2x4's running down, one on each side of the front of the motor. There is a solid plate on the bottom with a threaded hole. Excellent mounting spot.

jIj8KcJ.jpg

VH6394Q.jpg

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I added an electronic air horn behind the front bumper. There are two steel looking 2x4's running down, one on each side of the front of the motor. There is a solid plate on the bottom with a threaded hole. Excellent mounting spot.

jIj8KcJ.jpg

VH6394Q.jpg

Got a link for that?

-K

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So are people taking the spare tire out and mounting it there?

Also I’m not 100% understanding how this works. The air compressor fills up every time it is activated?

We have sold a few of these kits. If you have some fab skills you can mount it anywhere but the spare tire kit makes it very simple. We have sold a bunch of these kits so yes people are putting this in place of their spare. I have a roof rack and mounted my spare there since I plan to eventually run larger tires so the same size spare wont fit there anyway.

There is a tank so you can hit the horn quick a few times before it will have to kick on to re-fill tank. If you lay on the button then yes it will turn on to fill the tank everytime. The bracket has rubber feet and I honestly cant tell when the compressor is running or not when i am in the truck. It keeps the vibration and noise down alot!

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I start my truck the compressor turns on and fills the tank.

OP
OP
basegroup

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

jIj8KcJ.jpg

VH6394Q.jpg

Did you compare the sound from the electric verse the air?

I’d be curious to see if the electric style is comparably loud as the air.

OP
OP
basegroup

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have sold a few of these kits. If you have some fab skills you can mount it anywhere but the spare tire kit makes it very simple. We have sold a bunch of these kits so yes people are putting this in place of their spare. I have a roof rack and mounted my spare there since I plan to eventually run larger tires so the same size spare wont fit there anyway.

There is a tank so you can hit the horn quick a few times before it will have to kick on to re-fill tank. If you lay on the button then yes it will turn on to fill the tank everytime. The bracket has rubber feet and I honestly cant tell when the compressor is running or not when i am in the truck. It keeps the vibration and noise down alot!

I do a six hour drive every week, so I need my spare for a just in case.

Is there any direct bolt ons for this kit?

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:
Reactions: kad

redvettx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you don't want to go through the hassle of air just find a 4 note horn out of a Caddy or Buick. It is actually 4 horns each with a different note. My dad had this on a Buick Electra 225 he ordered. I asked him what it was when he ordered it. "I don't know but I got every options so we will find out". That horn freaked people out. You thought the Illinois Central was about to run your ass over. I put one on my 04'. I should have pulled it before I traded it.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do a six hour drive every week, so I need my spare for a just in case.

Is there any direct bolt ons for this kit?

not currently. You could always keep the spare in the bed or fab up your own way of mounting it all

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As we all go larger rims and tires, why would you keep the spare? Not like you can use it. As stated, buy a worn tire and rim that will fit and throw it in the bed on long trips...

OP
OP
basegroup

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I decided. I’m going with the Kleinn HK7, it has a 5 gallon tank with three horns. It’s going to be a beast.

I can’t wait to wake up the jackasses that don’t know how to drive.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I can’t wait to wake up the jackasses that don’t know how to drive.
After you "wake them up"... they'll most likely let you know that your #1....LOL

OP
OP
basegroup

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good. Because I am.
With a huge truck riding their ass, loud air horn, maybe, just maybe they’ll move.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Good. Because I am.
With a huge truck riding their ass, loud air horn, maybe, just maybe they’ll move.

I was out in Montauk Long Island yesterday visiting relatives and I got elected to run to the local store for a forgotten dinner ingredient. On the way back a little tan colored "something" pulled out right in front of me as I was going up the hill leading out of town. I ended up very close to him in my large, black on black truck and the driver actually panicked, wove back a forth a few times and pulled off the road onto the shoulder. It wasn't done on purpose (really!), but it was kind of fun watching them. <evil grin>

-K