Transmission/Alfaobd Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Short review: last night I installed my push-button start kit that I received from AutoTech. I was changing settings in alfaobd to correctly have the bcm register that it is push-button now. Somewhere in between doing that and cooking dinner, my buddy thought it would be cool to change settings and now doesn't remember what he changed. Well this morning I couldn't start my truck without getting a vehicle not in park message on the EVIC. I was able to change the ignition unlock, start, run alfaobd setting to unlock the transmission and allow me to start the vehicle.

Issue Now: When turning the electronic shifting knob, it does not select a gear and does not go into gear. Also, getting a lost communication with Transmission Control Module code through alfaobd. Anyone know what settings I need to change to get this working again or if I SOL and need a reflash through the dealership?

All help is appreciated

2015 Ram 1500
Outdoorsman
3.6 V6
4x4

OP
OP
S

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Update:
After comparing an old alfaobd list I had on hand of all my set settings, and comparing it to the current ones, I found the issue. My shifter selection option had the wrong rotary switch option. This thread can be deleted.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Update:
After comparing an old alfaobd list I had on hand of all my set settings, and comparing it to the current ones, I found the issue. My shifter selection option had the wrong rotary switch option. This thread can be deleted.
Better yet post the setting you changed and it can help someone else with questionable friends too...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Better yet post the setting you changed and it can help someone else with questionable friends too...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

The exact option that was change as I thought was shifter selection, was actually "VehConfig 1-Shifter Type." Where in my case it had " 4 pos Electronic Range Select with Enable Switch (ERS4ESW)" which mine doesn't have and needed to be changed back to " 4 pos Rotary Eshifter PRND DS (RS4)" to work. The selection could be difference for each person, but this seems to be standard in most 4th gen rams.