Transmission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2006 Ram 2500 4x4 with a 5.7 hemi and RFE 545 transmission. I have been having tranny issues where I have had the transmission rebuilt 4 times and then the 5th time a completely different transmission was rebuilt. The transmission cooler was replaced twice and the ECM replaced once. The solenoid block has also been replaced four times.
The issues I am having are that when the truck is put under load it will start to throw codes that the transmission is having improper gear ratios in most, if not all, gears. It is also throwing codes of improper torque converter pressure, P0700 millivolt code and improper pressure code.
This has caused it to overheat and pressurize the transmission to push fluid out of it. As a result, it will cause the transmission to no longer be able to move the truck. I have to wait until the tranny cools down and reset the computer to have no codes to get it to it to move and shift properly again. If I baby the transmission, it seems to shift fine unless I take it on long drives of 2 hours or more and then the same codes will pop up and overheat.
If anyone has experienced something similar to this, I would greatly appreciate any input on this matter. The transmission shop that I brought it to has honored their warranty and completed the work described above. However, at this point I have to look elsewhere to see if this issue is being caused by something else that we cannot figure out. Please feel free to forward my concern to anyone that may be able to help resolve this issue. Thanks for any help or input you can provide.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it was rebuilt 4 times by the same shop its time to find another shop that knows what they are doing clearly theye did something wrong when rebuilding. Did they install the trans or did you install it after rebuild? when installing a new or rebuilt trans things will need to be reprogrammed/reset with a scantool. Another thing that comes to mind maybe the valve body was not sealed/torqued correctly causing pressure loss/issues?

Last edited: