Trinity wont save stock tune? why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1NastyHemi13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally pulled the trigger this morning as was going to install the 93 oct tune on the ram before work. I filled up with 93 went through the tuning steps and when it gets to saving the stock tune it says the stock tune was NOT saved. I tried 4 times and it wouldn't save the stock tune. So I opted not to tune the vehicle. Has anyone else had this issue, Whats wrong with the tuner>? I really don't wanna put the tune in if I don't have my stock back up tune...

bouf0010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont think the tuner will let you without saving the stock tune. Is the tuner up to date? Is it new or used?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1NastyHemi13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its new not used, and I updated everything on it before I installed it in my truck.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I take it, you have no error messages? Instead of loading the performance tune, select modify. See if that will save the original back up file, then try loading performance tune.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Strange. I just installed mine a couple weeks ago and no problems. I don't know if this helps, but Sean at HF advised me to leave my driver side door open. Here are his words:
"NOTE : When tuning, leave the driver side door open so the key off steps and completely turns off everything."

Do you need to flash your PCM??? More notes from Sean:
"When you get the tuner, first thing is to plug it up to your pc and run an update using dsdownloader which you can get from the Diablo website. That's found in the downloads section on the Diablo site. Run dsdownloader with the trinity attached to ur pc. Then click on the express tab and then click on update tool. Then load a preloaded tune file in ur vehicle. If your pcm isn't at the latest flash revision it will state that and then you can go back to ur pc and run dsdownloader. Click on Calibration Update to download your new pcm info into the tuner. Once completed carry it back to the vehicle and it will flash the pcm with the latest revision. If you have any trouble with that, contact DiabloSport tech support and they can walk you through it. Once that is done, THEN you can load in a preloaded tune file."

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Strange. I just installed mine a couple weeks ago and no problems. I don't know if this helps, but Sean at HF advised me to leave my driver side door open. Here are his words:
"NOTE : When tuning, leave the driver side door open so the key off steps and completely turns off everything."

Agree.

I had a code come up and I tried to clear it with the Trinity. It only worked with the door open. I'd try that first.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just asked this question in another thread. Mine is new, and after selecting the vehicle and clicking performance (all of this done with door open per Sean's instructions) it went straight to asking me which tune I wanted. I didn't get asked which transmission, and I didn't get a notice to save the original backup. Did yall get these options? Or do these options come up after selecting the preloaded tune? Also, when turning the key on without starting, do you turn it one click or two clicks to display the dash panel?

Zapped13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When i did my tune i only clicked the key 1 time, It did not work. You need to click 2 times.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How was your problem with you trinity resolved with diablosport? It could help someone in the future.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I was able to get it figured out last night. I believe a lot of the issue is due to new products with revisions, and old instructions not updated to correspond with the revisions. The website states the latest dsdownloader version is 2.2.2.8, but the program itself says 2.2.2.7. According to Diablo Support the latest version is the 7. As for the vehicle, tranny, and original backup? The tuner will now read your tranny when it runs your backup so you do not need to select this option (some older models may still require this), and the original backup is now saved AFTER the preloaded tune is selected for install. The instructions say it takes place before selecting the tune. Everything is good to go now!

OP
OP

1NastyHemi13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for the late response, The day I tried to load the tune and it failed I went out to my truck on lunch and fiddled with it out there for a bit. Only thing I did was re enter the information of the vehicle my trinity was to be used on. Put year make motor etc in then went back to the 93 oct tune to load it up as well as save the stock pcm tune. Followed on screen instructions. Half hour later it was done saved the stock tune and loaded the 93 successfully..

usmc1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a late reply but I literally just got done installing my tuner. At first it said "tool is not married to vehicle" I just tried to select modify and it automatically went into reading the stock tune and saved it. My only question now is when the tuner has installed the perf tune. Can you unplug it and drive or should it stay plugged in.

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is a late reply but I literally just got done installing my tuner. At first it said "tool is not married to vehicle" I just tried to select modify and it automatically went into reading the stock tune and saved it. My only question now is when the tuner has installed the perf tune. Can you unplug it and drive or should it stay plugged in.

Once you finish installing the new tune, it should say " You may now drive the vehicle" or something close to that. You can unplug the tuner after that. It doesn't have to be hooked up to operate.